Search results

1. Minni

hole in the wall - questions

Hi, i posted "hole in the wall" questions on the below thread. Problem is, when anyone has an ultra-complicated situation, they usually never get help according to their needs, due to the one-size-fits-most perspective which has become ingrained into most people nowadays. I guess that's why...
  2. Minni

Attn: Webmaster - not been getting E-Notified of replies

Within My Account - both of the below are checkmarked. Yet i've not been getting eNotified. I also checked my Spam Folder, and no eNotifications there either. Automatically watch content you create… and receive email notifications
  3. Minni

Updating vintage post (re: gap in bath-faucet wall

I can't seem to find the pics i'd posted amid my terrylove Content anymore, but long ago I'd posted a Q about bridging the wall-gap in the area surrounding my bathtub-faucet with wallpaper and duct tape. Its purpose was to prevent centipedes from ascending from basement into my bathtub. I was...
  4. Minni

Seek help finding a user-friendly handyman forum (which works)

Uh, can anyone here advise why its so hard to find a working handyman forum? I tried signing up to handymanwire forums, because a rod on my vintage folding shopping cart broke and i was seeking input on the matter. (That's if they actually enable multiple image attachments, which i've yet to...
  5. Minni

Any best e.z. solution for door to be effective as cricket barrier?

Hi, i recently tacked a Suptikes doorsweep to the door leading down to my basement, ever since a huge leaping Spider-Cricket crept upstairs and into my tiny computer room, where i felt trapped and terrorized. (The exterminator who killed it, said its normal to be terrified of such crickets. Now...
  6. Minni

Moen Adler M87046 kitch faucet revisited

I've no idea where my last post re: M87046 Adler is, but i thought i posted about it as my final decision for a kitchen faucet, after my issues with the leaky Peerless. So far so good (as it seems good quality - knock-on-wood) albeit some issues, such as: (1) the handles are sorta long, thus...
  7. Minni

Spotlight changer

Ever since a window AC was permanently installed at the east side of my old house, the only way to change the outdoor spotlight is by doing it outside. I used to go on a step-ladder (indoors) and pull down the upper part of the double-hung window, and contortion my body to change the bulb. I'm a...
  8. Minni

RESOLVED How/where does one find pipe caps?

Say you have a Delta faucet + side-sprayer. Or a Moen faucet + side-sprayer. Or whichever faucet + side sprayer. Let's say the sprayer leaks. You decide to rid yourself of it. Where do you then shop for a cap, to block off the part which leads to the sprayer? From Moen? From Delta? From a...
  9. Minni

RESOLVED Dilemma - sprayer-leak risk vs. swivel-spray pot-clearance risk

This Q also addresses TuttlesRevenge based on my previous "Why" posting. Hi, hopefully someone with faucet experience can assess these pics. and answer. I'm undecided between Moen & Delta, though vaccillating toward Moen as i've not had luck with Delta's products or personnel. I even have a...
  10. Minni

Why did old faucets not require cartridges, unlike High-Arc ones?

At least it seems to me that newer, high-arc faucets seem to require cartridges, while the old ones such as Delta B2310LF don't. Which can pose a problem if they're plastic vs. metal. Am i wrong about Delta B2310LF not having cartridges? And if not, why didn't they leave well enough alone?
  11. Minni

Peerless Junk faucet P299578LF-SS

I'm updating this question, to get to the meat of things, after having researched more. Questions regarding https://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/product/B2310LF.html#specsTab (1) Firstly, if I'm unsure of the thickness of my counter, and the above B2310LF Delta seems to require not much more than...
  12. Minni

RESOLVED: Please advise how to connect slip-nut so i can use my kitch sink!

UPDATE: never mind - i figured it out myself (i.e. the problem had been that i was supposed to move the slip-nut down first and slip it down beyond the edge of the upper pipe, in order to then screw it onto the trap-pipe. Surprising that nobody made a youtube video exclusively devoted to...
  13. Minni

Anyone know how to find out info on this tub?

Hi, does anyone here know how to find out info on this tub? Such as dimensions (height from tub-bottom to rim, height of seat, depth of seat, inner-length, inner-width), ...and where its sold, and price. The purpose is for bath-therapy (being able to stretch legs to fullest while in warm...
  14. Minni

Is Asurion of the homedepot, walmart, amazon protection plans a joke?

I just wanted to know which of those stores (homedepot, walmart, amazon) it's safest to buy a $54 corded leaf blower from, and should i even bother with a protection plan, since Asurion's protection plans seem to be mass produced to loads of stores. Also, I have this 1950s 2-prong outlet at the...
  15. Minni

non-joke of the day - due to no misc.forum

Hi, consider this rhetorical. Far from being "joke of the day", this is actually a serious post (for lack of a misc.forum). I'm hoping to clarify the concept of "retrospective perspective". Please pass it on, as it may save time and grief for zillions of people, by helping them realize that it...
  16. Minni

Leaky Dr.Seuss-style faucet - what to change to? See pic.

Hi, Terry, et al. I hope you don't mind my very unconventional questions - due to my unconventional situation. For clarity, let's call my past plumber Dr.Seuss, OK? So Dr.Seuss had set up this Dr.Seuss-style faucet, using a blowtorch, copper pipe & valves. Please see attached pic. (At the time...
  17. Minni

Is this important in a sink strainer?

Is it important to have either a "tall nut" or "locking tall nut" in a sink strainer's body? These terms weren't listed in the online plumbing dictionary. Thank you.
  18. Minni

Need: Small sink bowl

I'm desperate because I need a 2-separate-sink-bowls corner configuration (to fit into 36 x 36 base cabinet) but I don't see anything smaller than the 22 x 17 Moen 22231 single bowl (with faucet holes). As for those standard double-bowl corner sinks with faucet in center - I think they're...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks