Search results

1. Minni

Introduction, I'm actually a Nurse with a little plumbing experience of my own ;)

once again i tried attaching pics via "Attach files" but it failed on me. Also tried drag/drop so i uploaded into imgbb my rough sketch of basement situation. Let's see if this is viewable: https://i.ibb.co/r3jdWm6/wall-hole.jpg
  2. Minni

hole in the wall - questions

Hi, i posted "hole in the wall" questions on the below thread. Problem is, when anyone has an ultra-complicated situation, they usually never get help according to their needs, due to the one-size-fits-most perspective which has become ingrained into most people nowadays. I guess that's why...
  3. Minni

Introduction, I'm actually a Nurse with a little plumbing experience of my own ;)

Actually, my question was due to wishing to preserve my hand health. So why not this forum? I might also have tried attaching a rough sketch of basement situation, but my previously-attached pics of my hand seem to have been rejected by the forum-App. ...Also, last time i asked on main terrylove...
  4. Minni

I knew about those options. But any pumps (internal or external) are an added layer of issues, whether maintenance, breakdown or whatever. And i already explained about my crazy basement layout, which you'd only understand if you'd see it. So the table and shelf option are out as well. I even...
  5. Minni

So sorry about the loss of your FIL...my belated condolences to you... I myself am in bad health straits and my below hose-drainage questions are due to that. See, I had trigger finger surgery (see attached pics). In fact the finger insists on remaining bent despite having done lots of therapy...
  6. Minni

Seek help finding a user-friendly handyman forum (which works)

Sylvan, interesting! :) I PM'd you a reply, due to eNotification issues Update: I just now discovered eNotification doesn't work via PM either.
  7. Minni

Attn: Webmaster - not been getting E-Notified of replies

I see, sorry, good luck... i'm thinking it may possibly be related to my e-host (namely gmail) because this has happened to me with a particular blog i've been posting on fairly recently. It's the kind of blog where you don't "sign up" rather just post your email address. The e-notifications...
  8. Minni

Any best e.z. solution for door to be effective as cricket barrier?

NOPE! The cricket barrier was another (separate) issue, which was resolved as well! The cricket barrier had been related to the entrance/exit to and from basement. I'm referring to a much older post, which had to do with a gap in the wall tiles of my main bathroom. I was just explaining that my...
  9. Minni

Attn: Webmaster - not been getting E-Notified of replies

Within My Account - both of the below are checkmarked. Yet i've not been getting eNotified. I also checked my Spam Folder, and no eNotifications there either. Automatically watch content you create… and receive email notifications
  10. Minni

Thanks! I don't think there's a welder in this area. Today I sorta experimented (which took a toll on my arthritic fingers) and I used steel-core clothesline, combined with a "scotch tee hinge" (both of which I had on hand) and rigged up a brace. Dr.Seuss would have loved what it looks like now...
  11. Minni

Updating vintage post (re: gap in bath-faucet wall

I can't seem to find the pics i'd posted amid my terrylove Content anymore, but long ago I'd posted a Q about bridging the wall-gap in the area surrounding my bathtub-faucet with wallpaper and duct tape. Its purpose was to prevent centipedes from ascending from basement into my bathtub. I was...
  12. Minni

Uh, can anyone here advise why its so hard to find a working handyman forum? I tried signing up to handymanwire forums, because a rod on my vintage folding shopping cart broke and i was seeking input on the matter. (That's if they actually enable multiple image attachments, which i've yet to...
  13. Minni

Any best e.z. solution for door to be effective as cricket barrier?

Hi, i recently tacked a Suptikes doorsweep to the door leading down to my basement, ever since a huge leaping Spider-Cricket crept upstairs and into my tiny computer room, where i felt trapped and terrorized. (The exterminator who killed it, said its normal to be terrified of such crickets. Now...
  14. Minni

Spotlight changer

Make no assumptions that's readily available! The absolute biggest help some people can get, is enabling them to help themselves. Such as that flexExtension i mentioned.
  15. Minni

Moen Adler M87046 kitch faucet revisited

I've no idea where my last post re: M87046 Adler is, but i thought i posted about it as my final decision for a kitchen faucet, after my issues with the leaky Peerless. So far so good (as it seems good quality - knock-on-wood) albeit some issues, such as: (1) the handles are sorta long, thus...
  16. Minni

Spotlight changer

Ever since a window AC was permanently installed at the east side of my old house, the only way to change the outdoor spotlight is by doing it outside. I used to go on a step-ladder (indoors) and pull down the upper part of the double-hung window, and contortion my body to change the bulb. I'm a...
  17. Minni

RESOLVED Dilemma - sprayer-leak risk vs. swivel-spray pot-clearance risk

That's not my budget (i thought i posted that, but it seems to have disappeared). I ordered Moen, so: RESOLVED
  18. Minni

RESOLVED How/where does one find pipe caps?

Yes, i found out from Moen that they include a sprayer plug. RESOLVED.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks