Search results

1. clock

BTU Estimation (using App) seems high?

Reading through this again - for house 3, I have been thinking about replacing the siding with cement board because I feel like painting it is useless. Maybe it is just because, by comparison, I never need to paint the others! It just looks so crappy. If so, I was thinking of putting a layer...
  2. clock

Dana, I just want you to know how much I appreciate this! It is incredible how knowledgeable you are, even down to the particulars of CT - I feel like I am talking to a home doctor. I won't have access to some of these things for about a week, but I will definitely get back to you by then...
  3. clock

Dana, wow! I won't complain, but I am in the middle of a both landlord and non-landlord work this week, so I can't go through the whole methodology now - but I am going to sit down and really study what you wrote and go through my records to see. You can see my naivete on the location item -...
  4. clock

www.coolcalc.com It is free! Beta version, it looks like. What do you think of the output? If it is wrong, it could just be my ignorance in trying to use it :)
  5. clock

Hello all, I am not very experienced, so please forgive me if this sounds naive. It will not bother me if you tell me I'm completely off on my calculations or being taken for a ride on the estimates. Regardless, I certainly can't afford to do all these. This is for the northeast. I used an...
  6. clock

Not able to calculate any decrease in savings?

Wow, you guys are incredible. I have to admit, upfront some of this is quite over my head. It seems that insulating the pipes sounds like a pretty good idea (although it seems not for too long) if I know what to use and how to do it properly. I think? In terms of cranking up the heat...
  7. clock

Thank you for the input so far! These ideas are really interesting, and I’ll have to research them further. Demand: There are three bathrooms. Once is the 80 gallon tub and a base flow rate of 6 GPM. Its shower is 2 GPM or so. The other two bathrooms are 2.5 and 2.5. We're fine except...
  8. clock

Hello, We're currently on a highly efficient Buderus 30 gallon (86.6%) tank. My best guess for its operating cost is $261 per year or so based on my calculations. Based on the same calculations, increasing to an 80 gallon tank (which would cover my main interest in tankless - the showers)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks