Search results

1. RunaboutDYI

Strange plumbing of two water tank system

The T&P are run separately. The is a jacuzzi tub in the master. It has been my experience that you will empty and 80 gal tank filling one of these. We had one before and I think we used it about 5 time in 10 years. I guess that is the main reason for the two tanks.
  2. RunaboutDYI

The house is huge about 4x larger than we need and using one 80 gal tank when a replacement is need is a great idea. For the most part our hot water needs are going to be limited to the master bath, kitchen and powder room.
  3. RunaboutDYI

Someone already did. They took one heat pump compressor and exchanger system and the condenser cooling fans off of two other heat pumps. In short I have enough to replace. Maybe when the electric tanks fail I will take a look at installing propane HW tanks.
  4. RunaboutDYI

The house has propane not natural gas. I am not sure if you get as much of a savings using propane instead of electric like you do with natural gas. If I built the house I think I would have gone with propane HW heater also. The only other possibility could have to do with venting . They...
  5. RunaboutDYI

I see the problem, I did not include the pressure release plumbing on my diagram. Both tanks have pressure release valves plumbed to drain up and vent outside the basement. They also have a valve on the vent lines so that you can drain the lines. The lines go up rather than down from the...
  6. RunaboutDYI

I understand what you meant by gravity feed (after I looked it up). My comment about not finding a recirculating pump had to do with the odd arrangement of valves on the recirculation line (circled in orange on drawing). The house is very long and there must be at least 250' of HW line just in...
  7. RunaboutDYI

It could be part of a recirculation system. That "pipe box" could have been added to allow the addition of a recirculation pump? I will check the direction of the check valve. I was wondering why they had the HW heater at one end of a very long house. If the HW system has a recirculation...
  8. RunaboutDYI

We just purchased a home with two 60 gal water tanks with the input cold water and output hot water hooked up in parallel (to the tanks, lines not crossed). That is no big deal but what is strange is what they have done with the tank drains. The drains on the tanks are connected in parallel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks