Search results

1. J

Tankless info from consumer reports, Tankless...Bahhhhh

My TK-2 is in my unfinished basement at a fairly constant temperature. It's not anywhere near the temps of 65-70f but it's not near outside freezing temps either. I'd love to hear about your setup if you don't mind sending me a PM. I'm needing some hot water changes soon.
  2. J

How to fix "flex" in the bottom of a bathtub

Excerpt from my jacuzzi tub installation manual for supporting the tub.
  3. J

My contractors actually state the opposite which is why I posted it as an option. I've not done it myself, just helped them do it to my tub. They have pulled several tubs that were insulated in and didn't have any problem. My post was a reflection of their experiences and thoughts. The...
  4. J

Water Heater layout help for a housing addition (long house)

Sorry, I should have put that in my original thread as I see it discussed a lot. It would be nice if I had a boiler, I like the layout that you guys have discussed here. I have forced air heat though. Believe it or not, the TK-2 has been able to keep up with everything we throw at it. My...
  5. J

Water Heater layout help for a housing addition (long house)

I know it's extremely hard to describe a layout over the internet so I'll do my best to make it clear. I am starting to call some local plumbers and have them come out and give me some opinions and quotes, but I wanted to see what you guys say first. Our original house was 1400 sq ft and 60'...
  6. J

Fill the tub about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way full and use expanding foam underneath the tub. Don't get the windows/door version, just get the regular expanding foam. It works well. That's what they used on my new Jacuzzi tub. They say they stopped using mortar a long time ago.
  7. J

Fine tuning tankless water heater on well system

What's your well pressure switch set at? Ours works very well with our well. :) We added onto our house and didn't have the money to do anything with our how water system yet. I've been very surprised to see our TK-2 keep up. I'm still planning on some changes soon but it seems to be working...
  8. J

Tankless info from consumer reports, Tankless...Bahhhhh

I've never had any "cold sandwich" problems with my Takagi TK-2. Is it perfect, no. Does it fill my large tub and allow me to have 3 showers going at once? Yes. It may get replaced in the future but I have to get something large enough for that occasional tub fill. I'm currently looking at...
  9. J

Please look i need expert advice quick!!!

Boy that doesn't look good....
  10. J

insulation

I would use fiberglass for several reasons 1. It's fairly cheap 2. It's extremely flexible 3. It can be removed if needed The fiberglass will be extremely forgiving as you try to stuff it around things. Fiberglass gains a lot of its R value by the air it traps inside all the weaves...
  11. J

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Interesting. Thanks for the continued feedback. I have a respected local plumber who has mentioned a similar unit to me. I didn't give it much thought until I saw this thread here. It's not this brand, but a different one that I don't care to mention. I'll just get slammed as being a plant...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks