Search results

1. iowa70

How to fix "flex" in the bottom of a bathtub

There's about 3-4" of styrofoam underneath the tub and this styrofoam is already shimmed. I've gone around and pushed the shims in farther but the flexing is still pretty bad.
  2. iowa70

Thanks for your response. So putting the mortar around the tub after it's installed wouldn't be than having the flexing caused by the styrofoam? I guess is it better to try to fix the flexing problem now by using mortar or wait until it cracks and just replace the entire tub?
  3. iowa70

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've looked through and tried to find someone else with a similar problem but with no luck. I have an acrylic/fiberglass bathtub which the bottom of the tub flexes when I get in it. I'm worried that this flexing will cause a crack in the tub. I have styrofoam...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks