Search results

1. Darrski

Bathtub replacement with shower pan

Hi Thanks Terry....I was hoping I can just run pipe from the drain to existing trap - ceiling below it is finished and access to the trap is very tight :-( Thanks again Derek
  2. Darrski

Bathtub replacement with shower pan

Hi I have little experience with plumbing , so this question might look silly to most of you lol. I'm replacing bathtub with L/H drain with a shower base with center drain . Do I have add a vent to the system or just run an extension from the shower drain to the trap that is already in place...
  3. Darrski

3 piece vent question

Hi Thanks for the replies... so..as long there is 42" between sink drain and it's vent ..I should be O.K with this ? Friend of mine keeps saying that sink should drain downstream from the toilet...but that could be difficult. Thanks again for your help
  4. Darrski

3 piece vent question

Hi guys Just a quick question ...will this work ? Thanks
  5. Darrski

Basement bathroom

3" just to be on the safe side lol... I got the toilet and sink figured out - the venting part.....I'm stuck on the tub part.... Problem is...everything sits on concrete floor and drains to main 1/2 floor below it... Any ideas ?? Sorry ...my drafting skills are not the greatest :(...
  6. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hey Thanks for all the advice guys .... HJ....but if I manage to run the new 3" pipe to the attic and connect to existing stack...that should work ...right ?
  7. Darrski

Basement bathroom

What do you guys think ?
  8. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hey Don't really want to damage any more ceiling in the next room lol Can I get away with drilling the next hole for the basement stack 6" away from the main stack - and then tapping to it in the attic ? This way I can stay within the same stud bay ...and less patch work for ceiling repairs...
  9. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hey I did check Ontario building code and they have section on AAVs...they are allowed..I know they are not the best solution....might the easiest thou lol
  10. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hey... O.K...desperate times call for desperate measures lol...took part of the ceiling out in a laundry room next to the planned bathroom...should see how happy my wife was lol . This room is directly under bath upstairs - so I got to see some of the plumbing . I might have a chance to tap...
  11. Darrski

Basement bathroom

I had a plumber come in ....he just looked at it ....and said that it might be a pain in the a.... to get it done properly ...it was his suggestion to use AAVs... Least expansive quote for rough in this bath was $1000....that's why I'm trying to do it myself lol
  12. Darrski

Basement bathroom

The only thing , that I have access to is the main drain pipe...It's a split level house and not really easy way to go straight up to the attic :(
  13. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Soooo...even the AAVs won't work in this set-up ? :(
  14. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hi Nope...not without taking some walls apart upstairs :( I know AAVs are not the best way to go...but looks like they might be my only option
  15. Darrski

Basement bathroom

Hello guys... New to the forums....hello from Canada :) With 3 ladies in the house I'm forced to build me a bath in the basement...2 teenage daughters do very good job making the 2 upstairs baths unavailable most of the time lol. Problem is , that I have no access in the basement to main vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks