Search results

1. Elton Noway

Must Main Vent Stack attach vertically to Waste pipe?

Just did a major gut job on our old 1980's master bath and closet area which included taking down three interior walls within that space. Of course... the last wall I took down exposed the main vent stack practically in the center of the room. I will be constructing "one" new wall that will...
  2. Elton Noway

Updated -INTERNAL- Flow Restrictors in Todays Newer Plumbing Fixtures

I am aware federal regulations required that manufacturers put flow restrictions on their plumbing fixtures quite awhile ago (faucets, shower heads, mixing valves). The issue is I live in the country on a private well and as many of you know, water pressure can be less than ideal. Years ago I...
  3. Elton Noway

Big Box Stores - Plumbing Fixtures Inferior to a Plumbing Supply Store?

From time to time I see questions from DIY'ers asking why or how their local plumbing supply store can charge twice the price for the same Delta or Moen etc. kitchen faucet that is sold at their local big box stores. The most common response is "the big box stores are selling a modified or or...
  4. Elton Noway

Yet Another Mini Split Sizing Question

I requested bids from four different professional HVAC contractors in my area, to install a mini split system in our sunroom which is attached to the back of our house. The prices quoted from all four are within a hundred bucks of each other that isn't part of my decision. (I'm guessing they all...
  5. Elton Noway

Help! How Many "Safe/Approved" circuits in this 20 Space Panel?

The Main Lug subpanel in the photo is a Square D panel mounted inside our house in the utility room. It is labeled as Catalog# QOBW 20125-5. It is original to the house built in 1983. I found a box full of "used" single circuit breakers on a shelf in the utility room. On investigation of the...
  6. Elton Noway

Spin-Down and/or Sediment Filter Installation Location? w pside-kick?

My well (380') delivers crystal clear water with no odor. It has also passed several tests by a certified EPA lab for contaminants, bacteria etc. (most recently about 12 months ago). That said... I do have sediment... but it is more of a pain than a problem. I have two 10 inch filters in...
  7. Elton Noway

pside-kick system - Can I add a Second Pressure Tank?

The bladder my 10 year old 125Gal Flotec let go (spraying water from the valve when I attempted to check the air pressure). When I purchased it 10 years ago, from one of those big name home improvement stores, I wasn't able to find much information on the net. Now that I know better and I won't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks