Search results

1. tenner

Toilet tank flapper

Thanks to all. I'll try the fluidmaster. Hopefully, it will help.
  2. tenner

Toilet tank flapper

toilet is an Eljer 1.6 low flow. It was installed by contractors six months ago and already had problems earlier with tank leaking and supply line freezing up the other day.
  3. tenner

Heating vent

Hi, I have a vent in my bathroom where the heat blows out too much. The bathroom is in the middle of the house. Can I block the vent at the main trunk and get more heat in my children's upstairs rooms? It's gas heat with central air. Thanx for any help.
  4. tenner

Toilet tank flapper

Hi all, The flapper inside my mom-in law's toilet tank is closing right after flushing, it's not enough time for a good flush or fill the bowl up. I've changed flapper, messed with length of chain, water level inside tank,handle, and no difference.She has to hold down the handle the whole...
  5. tenner

Increase water pressure

Thanx guys. Turned up prv with water on , now at 60psi and didn't touch expansion tank reading 50psi. Washing machine and shower much better. One other question. I have electric power washer for home that leaks alot of water from within the housing. Would the low water pressure effect this?
  6. tenner

Increase water pressure

Hi All, Would like to increase water pressure in home, but need the correct steps so I don't mess it up. I recently purchased a water pressure gauge and it's reading 45-50psi. I hooked it to the washing machine hose bib. I have a prv,25aubz3 and an expansion tank. If anyone remembers my...
  7. tenner

Central Air Unit

Thanks guys. My basement isn't heated or aired so I also don't want to waste it. I have the reflective tape you mentioned and will put it to good use. Have a good day.
  8. tenner

Central Air Unit

Hi All, Was in plumbing forum last week because of floods in basement. Now that it is straightened out I'm checking everything contractor is doing. HVAC guy installed new unit and there is cool air blowing out of the areas where you see white pipe coming through sheet metal. The caps aren't...
  9. tenner

Water heater prv

Follow up. Code inspector came out today and I was telling him about the flooding. He said the plumbers weren't supposed to change the T/P valve on water heater to 100psi,but a 100psi pressure valve after cold water supply valve for the pex. He says this isn't code. Its manufacturer's specs. In...
  10. tenner

Water heater prv

I'd like to thank all for their help. I'll let the new plumber know this and make sure he does it no matter what he says. I came to this site along time ago and just used to read the forums and it helped me with basic plumbing and installling water heater. I liked to call the other 2 plumbers...
  11. tenner

Water heater prv

I'm not sure what the plumber did to the expansion tank. I do know I can't trust them. They tried to tell me that water pressure is same throughout neighborhood and I knew better. Here's a pic of expansion tank. Is there a way of checking it to see the pressure or if it's operating correctly...
  12. tenner

Water heater prv

Sorry to take so long to get back. I did confuse the T/P with the PRV. Attached is some pics. I told both the plumbers the expansion tank should be on cold water side but they said it doesn't matter. Contractor called and is sending another plumber out that likes to delve into problems like...
  13. tenner

Water heater prv

I just tried and couldn't find it either. It is the prv on the water heater you're asking about??
  14. tenner

Water heater prv

Hi Redwood, Thanks for reply. I can't get a picture but it's a Watt's regulator model#M7211 set 100lbs. set 180Farenheit 100000 btu/hr?? My water pressure was 90psi till reducer was put on. It's feels about half that. We've lived here for 23 yrs. with no problems. Previous water heater...
  15. tenner

Water heater prv

I have plumbers working on addition to my home and they ran cpvc to addition. The rest of home is copper. When they finished and left,of course, the prv opened and flooded the basement. I have seen this happen where it opens for 10 seconds and sometimes just stays open for 15-20 min. It has now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks