Search results

1. SemiHandyRon

Ready to get a new softener

My 7-year-old Culligan no longer softens the water, so I'm going to scrap and replace it. I'm not dealing with Culligan again because of the way they overcharged me on a repair. Having done my "due diligence" of softener sizing (profound thanks to Gary Slusser!), I'm thinking of replacing it...
  2. SemiHandyRon

Need dishwasher brand recommendation

Am in the market for a new dishwasher. Any recommendations/cautions about particular brands? Looking for a mid-range price. Wife's desire for "Biscuit" color seems to limit the options as I Google around. BTW, I'm finished permanently with Whirlpool and KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool). Have...
  3. SemiHandyRon

Dishwasher odor, chronic and stubborn

The Problem: Dishwasher of a year and a half old stinks. Consequently, the dishes come out stinking too. KitchenAid with stainless steel interior. Background: House is six years old, plumbing (including water inlet line right into the d/w) is copper. Water heater is three months old. Have...
  4. SemiHandyRon

Warranties: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I've decided to go on an expedition to the Land of Warranties. In addition to checking out length of warranties, I am intensely interested in whether any given w/h company's warranty is pro-rated or not. My first stop on the journey, naturally, was to read the warranty itself. This turned...
  5. SemiHandyRon

BW Ultra High Efficiency Energy Saver

Anyone had experience with the BW ultra high efficiency energy saver unit, model EFR‑1‑60T1206EN? See it here: http://www.bradfordwhite.com/products2.asp?id=1&product_id=218 BW doesn't list MSRPs on their site, so I'm wondering about cost. Also, the BW site says, "this model qualifies for...
  6. SemiHandyRon

Brown Water Problem

Just started seeing brown water from the hot tap. Always and only first thing in the morning when I start to run the shower. Clears up in a minute, and no more brown water until the next morning. House is only six years old. Copper plumbing. Have whole-house carbon filter plus water softener...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks