Search results

1. deanbrew

Want to control thermostat from basement apartment

I have a somewhat unusual situation, I think. I have a finished basement apartment in my house that I want to rent as a vacation rental. Until I can go the whole nine yards and install either a separate HVAC system for the basement apartment or a damper zoning system, I want people staying in...
  2. deanbrew

Do all bidet seats reduce seat space?

I just spent a week in a vacation house that had a Toto Washlet bidet toilet seat, and I loved it. I'm seriously thinking about buying a bidet seat for our home toilet. But I didn't like how the bidet unit reduced the amount of seat area. It effectively pushed one forward, closer to the front of...
  3. deanbrew

Help me with settings for new Fleck 5600SXT

I just bought and installed a water softener with the Fleck 5600SXT valve. Information I have: Usage: The number of people in our household varies from 4 to 7, but I guess 5 would be an average figure. Usage over the past year has ranged from 5,300 to 9,900 gallon per month, averaging 7,500...
  4. deanbrew

Knocking sound from radiant heat

I have hot water radiant heat installed under my first-level floor. It works fine, but I get a knocking sound from one end of my bedroom when the programmable thermostat turns on the system in the morning. I'm familiar with baseboard radiant systems clicking and pinging as they are heated and...
  5. deanbrew

Danze vs. Delta vs. Moen

For shower sets (valve and shower head), can anyone recommend chossing between these brands or others in the same price range? I'm leaning toward Delta, but I've also heard good things about Danze, and I see some attractive pricing on Danze products.
  6. deanbrew

Shower plumbing driving me crazy!

My wife wants something more than the usual showerhead. I've visited web site after website as well as three local plumbing stores, and I'm still dazed and confused. Here is my wife's dream system: But I have several reservations about it. One, I don't want to spend $800 on friggin' shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks