Search results

1. Jmcc64

Loud Sound from shower after supply shut off

I was attempting to replace a Moen 3600 volume cartridge but had to abandon it due to the fact that the collar nut is inaccessible.(that's another thread) So, I had to shut off the water supply beforehand. Now when the tub is turned on or the toilet is flushed, we get an ungodly howl from the...
  2. Jmcc64

Tankless water heater sizing

Here's the scenario. My wife leases an office bldg (approx 4500 sf.) The water heater, a 40-ish gal lo boy is leaking from around and below the cold water inlet. Thing is, the WH is in the corner of an interior room with base cabinets on both sides and some cabs immediately above. The entire...
  3. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

nope, not curious kids that's for sure. The plug was directly beneath the toilet, a tee(?), one direction is to the plug, the other, to the drain. I'm not going in there, but will take a look through the crawlspace foundation vent to see what I can. The culprit is only about 2 feet from the...
  4. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

well it's a moot point now, she went ahead and paid him. Grrrrr.
  5. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

Threaded plug. Nobody else was under the house except this one plumber
  6. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

I hate to resurrect an old thread but as mentioned above the plumber did come out and fix the issue. No admission of guilt, that I'm aware of. So this week, my mother gets his bill. I'm tempted to tell her to trash it. Bottom line for the pros on here, what is the likelihood that the PVC...
  7. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

all PVC circa 1998. I'm not exactly sure what fitting it is but I told her to call the plumber to clean up his mess.
  8. Jmcc64

Cleanout plug missing

Today my mother asked me to go outside her house and listen while she flushed the MB toilet. As it happens there is a foundation vent right at the location of the toilet. Well sure enough I could here water running very clearly in the crawlspace. I opened the crawlspace access and with a...
  9. Jmcc64

Water heaters in parallel

Ok. Hopefully final update. Looked at the upper stat and pushed the reset button and it "sounded" like a pretty good click. Element checked out ok for continuity and everything "looked" pretty clean. Lower panel was different story. the plastic cover over the stat had melted to the screws...
  10. Jmcc64

I tried something like this tonight when I got home. Both outlet lines cold, had wife turn on hot water in tub. One outlet pipe got pretty hot while the other.....not so much. Warm but not as hot as the other. So that maybe something to look at as a starting point.
  11. Jmcc64

2 tanks because of height restriction in the space and because my wife and 2 daughters can take loooong showers and baths. for my wife there is no such thing as too hot water temp.
  12. Jmcc64

I've got (2) 50 gal water heaters installed in parallel. Is there an easy way to check whether heated water is being drawn from both tanks? the piping runs coming out the tops appear to be of the same length; everything looks symmetrical. It's just that sometimes I don't think we're getting any...
  13. Jmcc64

Goulds GT-15 Irri-gator

Gt-15 stopped working suddenly this spring. Took the back cap off, took the start capacitor off and it basically fell apart. Replaced capacitor but still nothing. No sounds. no humming, nothing. Power is getting to the pump. I can easily turn the shaft freely with my fingers. So I took it...
  14. Jmcc64

Black grease in hot water

Yet another thread. I didn't see this resolved in any of the previous threads that I could find via search. Here's the situation. New house. Electric water heaters. No flexible connections to hot water. copper pipe coming from heater, then PEX to the bathtub (deck mounted tub filler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks