Search results

1. AndyH

Splitting water supplies for a second sink

Uh oh! I thought I got the double fixture fitting. I didn't even realize I used the wrong fitting until you pointed it out. Will what I have work or do I need to swap it out? Also do I need to tie into the supply lines before the shutoff valves or would it work to split off after the valves...
  2. AndyH

Splitting water supplies for a second sink

So I got my drain plumbed in for the second sink. Problem now is getting water to the second sink. I was going to tie in copper from the lines in the basement and come up in the wall just like the left sink. Problem with that is it is going to be super hard to get to it to solder it in. What...
  3. AndyH

Bathroom sink drain tie in.

Thank you! Are the no hub couplings you are talking about rubber with hose clamps? Also on the water supply lines would it be acceptable to put a tee after the valves and run flex lines to each sink?
  4. AndyH

Bathroom sink drain tie in.

I am remodeling my upstairs bathroom and I am putting in a double vanity. I was wondering if I can just tie in to the drain line with a tee either right above or below where the other sink ties in? Here is a picture of the current setup.
  5. AndyH

sewer smell in basement bathroom

Thank You to everyone for helping me with this problem. I ran a new vent line to the attic and tied it in. Everything seems to be working great! Here's a pic of how I ran it in the bathroom. I was too lazy to climb back up in the attic tonight to take a pic up there, I'll do that tomorrow...
  6. AndyH

Well I am running a new vent up to the attic to tie into that 2". I have already drilled the bottom and top plate of the wall that other 2" runs through. I am going to run my new vent beside the other one. I can see all the way up the wall and that existing 2" goes straight up and out the roof...
  7. AndyH

ok i zoomed in the wall with my camera and took a pic of where that 2" pipe comes down from the kitchen sink. The part with the red circle is where i took the pic. You can see the pipe coming down into a tee with what appears to be a cleanout on the other end.
  8. AndyH

no, there's no bathroom above that. That line is going up in a wall that seperates the kitchen and a bedroom.
  9. AndyH

Yeah I'm 99% sure it goes straight up to the attic. I filled up the kitchen sink and let it drain and I felt and listen to the pipes also. The water is coming from the 2" on the right side of the tee in the direction the red line shows. Also where that 2" goes up through the floor, someone wrote...
  10. AndyH

Ok ill just run it up to the attic. Now, that elbow that I have the green line pointing to appears to have been leaking. There is some mold and water stains on the insulation and drywall below it. How would water ever get in that part? I guess maybe just rain falling in the vent on the roof...
  11. AndyH

Ok, I can run a new line to the attic. Just to clarify though The red line shows what I believe to be the sink drain and direction. The green line is the pipe that goes up to the roof. I was thinking I could tie in to the part where the green line is. What do you think?
  12. AndyH

Ok, I did some further investigation. I cut out more drywall from the ceiling in the basment bathroom. Also I went up in the attic. Here is a pic of a 2" vent going through the roof. You can see a tee that has an 1 1/2" pipe going over to my kitchen sink (vent). Also, the 2" on the bottom of...
  13. AndyH

I've been checking the other fixtures and it looks like this is the only vent. I can run it up in the attic and tie into a 2" that is going through the roof. Will this one 1.5" vent be big enough?
  14. AndyH

The floor above that vent pipe is in a bedroom closet. Could I just run it over to come up right in the corner of the closet and straight up to the attic? This way I wouldn't have to tear drywall off and drill the bottom and top plate. Also is this 1.5" pipe big enough to properly vent this...
  15. AndyH

found the problem! vented right in the ceiling! What's the best remedy for this? BTW that's and 1 1/2" vent. Is it safe to say that is the vent for the shower and toilet also?
  16. AndyH

Ok so I thought maybe the smell was coming from the ceiling so I removed the light/vent fan. It stinks in the ceiling too! Also the vent fan was just venting right in the ceiling. What does this mean? Do you think they just stubbed the vent pipe off in the wall or in the ceiling area? Any ideas?
  17. AndyH

Well I've left the toilet off for a day now. Ive had a rag stuffed down in the pipe and another towel doubled and covering the whole flange. I can still smell sewage. What do you all think it could be?
  18. AndyH

Ok, I pulled the toilet and I couldn't really tell if it was leaking or not. Also I don't if I really need to add an extension. It may be high enough. Should I use 1 or 2 wax rings? Here's some pics
  19. AndyH

The flange was about 1/8" above the finished floor. The main problem I think is they used a spigot flange that goes inside a 3" pipe. That leaves a smaller opening and a regular wax ring with the plastic horn will not fit inside. I went out and bought a 1/2" flange extension and two standard wax...
  20. AndyH

I have a split-foyer home that was built in 2001. In the finished side of the basement, we have a bathroom with a toilet, shower, and sink. There is a strong sewer smell that comes from the bathroom at times. I will say that we hardly ever use the bathroom at all. Occasionally when company comes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks