Search results

1. tjeras

Water softener produces rusty water

Water softener fix Well thanks for all of your inputs. In the end though, the problem was the resin itself. I cleaned out the resin bed, and replaced it with fresh resin. After I put it all back together, no yellow/orange water. The softener works just fine now. Thanks again for all of your...
  2. tjeras

Gary, You have a point, but would a plumber combine copper and galvanized piping when building a home? The exposed piping to the water heater and the water softener is copper piping. What would be the best way to rule out rusted galvanized piping if I do in fact have it. Tom
  3. tjeras

Gary, When I get home, I would say that it is rusty colored right away. Wouldn't you think though that if something was rusting in the plumbing that the water would be rusty even in bypass mode? That is why I am confused. Tom
  4. tjeras

Thanks for the reply Gary. The pipes that connect to the water softener are copper, and all the components on the water softener seem to be plastic. I've taken the thing apart and can't find any metal that would be rusting. I did dilute the rust out in water then pour it into the brine tank...
  5. tjeras

We just moved into our house about 6 months ago, and I just started using my water softener. I think that the softener was in bypass mode for awhile before we even moved in. My problem is that when my water softener is running, I get this rusty colored water in the toilets, sinks, bathtub. When...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks