Search results

1. vskerche

drain lines

What to use if no cross tee? Thanks again Terry, How then would I tie in the 2nd toilet. Would it be permissible to attach a 3x3x3 wye into the horizontal just downstream from the 3x3x2 wye? and can that wye be at an angle? see pic
  2. vskerche

drain lines

Current Set-up and plan Ok folks here it is...First a few pictures showing what the original plumber did to some of the floor joists(about 1" of joist left after cutting out for plumbing). The next pictures show the current plumbing under the house. The capped 3" line is where the toilet in the...
  3. vskerche

drain lines

apologies Terry...didn't mean to sound like a smart $%#@...I love these forums..there are a lot of knowledgeable people out here and I appreciate all the time they (you) put in to answering our questions...my favorite DIY show is Holmes on Homes..that guy does it right no matter what..and my...
  4. vskerche

drain lines

Not to be a smart $%^& but again if it was approved originally 20+ years ago(and its worked that long) I'm not going to take out 40+ feet of pipe to change it. I say 40+ feet because the pipe is fixed at both ends, so if I cut the TEE out to put in a wye, I'll need to take all the pipe out and...
  5. vskerche

drain lines

wye That picture is a little fuzzy..that is the drain line from the original tub/shower..so if it passed inspection when it was originally installed i am not going to cut it out now.
  6. vskerche

drain lines

Fitting That is a wye, 2" on top...How difficult is it to open up the 2" part (remove the reducer)...if can't be accomplished without cutting out whole wye, then I will reduce to 1.5" at shower drain, and run 1.5" throughout
  7. vskerche

drain lines

Another option Ok here I go with another option...Below is a picture of how/where the 1.5" line is attached to the 3" line (3x3x2 wye)...There is a insert in the 2" portion of the wye that accomodates the 1.5" pipe...How difficult would it be to clean that insert out and go with 2" pipe
  8. vskerche

drain lines

the plan Ok after reviewing the replies, and looking at my plan here is what I decided to do. Since the shower pan drain is an Oatey 103 series offset, and calls for 2" drain, and a previous post say's not to reduce the line, I am going to reduce from 2 to 1.5 right out of the drain (Prior to...
  9. vskerche

drain lines

Drain line reduction See the pic below showing the drain line reduction plan. The previous pictures show an overhead view of the drain set up, this pic would be as if you were looking at the lines while standing between the joists. The new 2" line is below the joists based on the reply that it...
  10. vskerche

drain lines

I am remodeling a bathroom and am re-routing some drain lines. I have a single story home with a crawl space beneath. The drain from the old shower ran between two floor joists. Where I have the new shower the drain line will have to cross 3 joists...My question, is it ok to run the drain line...
  11. vskerche

Shower Head Location / Placement

Terry, Just a quick follow up on your reply. So is it ok to have bends in the piping leading to the showerhead to get to that 14 1/2 distance. (i.e 45 or 90 bend). In regards to the other reply that I not have the shower head face the door, that would be pretty tough for an angled shower. As...
  12. vskerche

Shower Head Location / Placement

Just a general question for all you smart people here. I am installing a neo-angle shower. Does the location of the shower head have to be in-line with the valve body (i.e right above it). The reason I ask is that now that I have the valve body roughed in, and the PVC walls temporarily in place...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks