Search results

1. ACEschborn

Submersible Pump Issues

Further troubleshooting - replaced the fuse, disconnected the electrical at the well head, turned power on, no short. So, time to pull the pump...
  2. ACEschborn

Submersible Pump Issues

Reaching out for a little help with my well system... Right now there is no water in the house. Pump is a Gould 7GS05422, install date of January 2002. The pressure tank is a well-x-trol, install date sometime in 2017. The pressure switch was replaced at the same time. Well downpipe was...
  3. ACEschborn

Anode Rod Aluminum broken in two; can't get rod out of tank!

I thought about doing that, but got fixated on getting it out and replacing it. I ordered a new magnesium anode, but have been researching powered electric anodes. Seems like a better fit vs. replacing a Mg anode every couple of years...
  4. ACEschborn

Anode Rod Aluminum broken in two; can't get rod out of tank!

Old thread, but wanted to chime in as well... I'm 2.5 years removed from the installation of my hybrid electric water heater (Kenmore Elite 153.592500), and wanted to check the status of the anode rod. I ended up having the same problem and tried to resolve with the ideas above, but...
  5. ACEschborn

Pitless Adapter Fitting Question

Wow, that's awful. Stories like that are what gives me the encouragement to try projects like this myself. Thanks for the SS advice. I was a bit strapped for time today, which led me to the big box store for parts. Needless to say, I hope it doesn't bite me in the butt too far down the road.
  6. ACEschborn

Hi everyone, thanks for the help! Something came up yesterday, but we had another mild day in SE PA today so I was able to get to it. As expected, it was the male insert adapter that corroded out. Luckily, the fitting came out without too much trouble. Due to the length difference of...
  7. ACEschborn

I'm currently experiencing water rising to the surface just outside my well pump-head/casing. We are in SE PA and have fairly acidic water. In the not too recent past we have had fittings inside the well replaced due to corroding out. The pump is set at 110', but I'm not quite sure how deep the...
  8. ACEschborn

Condensation or Leak?

Sorry, the forum limits the file size. Here is a zoomed in photo. The water in the picture is not on the fitting itself, but above it.
  9. ACEschborn

Condensation or Leak?

Recently installed a hybrid electric heat pump water heater. Noticed a run down the side of the tank and found water at the (side exit) hot water outlet (pictured). Is this a leak issue or a condensation issue? Suggestions on resolving? Thanks!
  10. ACEschborn

Effluent Pump Grounding

Thanks for the response, but I'm an idiot. The cable (presumably ran in 1996) does indeed have a ground. Upon my first, quick look, I did not notice it had been tucked high and hidden in the box. Please disregard my inquiry!
  11. ACEschborn

Effluent Pump Grounding

I'm in the process of replacing my effluent pump in my septic system. The problem, as I see it, is that the existing wire run to the holding/pump tank is without a ground. Running new cable would likely be prohibitive. Our township has adopted the 2003 version of the International Electric Code...
  12. ACEschborn

Re-working Basement Fixture Drain System (WS, AN, RO, and WM)

Merry Christmas to you too, Gary! The current standpipe is only 3/4" copper, and as such, I figured it wasn't properly sized. Wouldn't cleaning it out would only be a temporary fix? That is, isn't 3/4" too small for the WS discharge? I understand the air gaps will not prevent backups, but...
  13. ACEschborn

Hi guys, thank you for the replies Gary and Tom. Unfortunately, there are problems with the current setup. 1. the softener, for a reason beyond me (it was okay for years), has been overflowing the current standpipe, 2. there are no air-gaps, and 3. there are no traps. Gary, my plan was to use...
  14. ACEschborn

Hello All! I am looking to bring my basement fixtures' drain plumbing up to snuff. Long story short, things are not correct (happy to explain as needed). I want to make sure everything is safe (think: air gaps, p-traps, backup) and hopefully (but not necessarily) up to code (2003 IPC). The...
  15. ACEschborn

Basement Plumbing Diagram Help

Many thanks (again), HJ! The fixture attached to the long run is for a wet bar sink. Couple follow up questions: I don't have any clean-outs on my diagram. I imagine it is code (and smart) to have one on the long run. Can you suggest where and how many I should have (either code or just...
  16. ACEschborn

HJ, thank you for the remarks. Can you review my inline comments/questions? FYI, I need to confirm with township, but per website it looks like we are governed by 2003 IPC...
  17. ACEschborn

Hello All, I've search around and think I have a good grasp on how to tackle a basement plumbing project. Can you review my diagram and let me know if it checks out or needs revision? Thanks!
  18. ACEschborn

Acid Neutralizer Installation Questions

Understandable, Peter, and thank you. Any idea why PVC is okay in fittings (such as the 3/4" PVC elbows that came with my acid neutralizer)? For the 3/4" PVC female (slip/glue) fitting, I'm thinking about using a CPVC adapter (3/4" PVC OD, with 3/4" CPVC connection). Should the big box...
  19. ACEschborn

Acid Neutralizer Installation Questions

It is NOT threaded, but rather a female slip/glue fitting. Sorry I don't know the technical term.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks