Search results

1. urdrwho

Water leaks past shower curtain in the front

In 2017 we installed a new non-metal tub and surround. Everything was installed as it should be but the water hits the lower lip of the surround in the front and then water dribbles / runs along the front top portion of the tub. Ending up on the floor. We solved this by placing suction cups...
  2. urdrwho

Faucet wall tubes and wall tube escutcheon is not water tight

My recent bathroom project has made me realize that things have changed since that last time I did the same project. They have changed to a lot of plastic! The old days the tubes screwed onto the valve body but now the tubes are plastic and push on. Sure there are ears that are supposed to...
  3. urdrwho

New tub & shower enclosure - leaking on floor - shower curtain

Recently removed the old tub and the 60 years of different tile jobs which made a very thick Thinset / plaster / wallboard. Err - hard to remove! Installed a well known name brand tub and their tub surround. My wife likes shower curtains and I didn't stud in for shower doors. Although the...
  4. urdrwho

Just installed acrylic Delta Tub and 3 piece surround (attach to studs type)

I now need to caulk the vertical joints and at the tub. The directions don't saw what type of sealant. The tub and surround are acrylic and if I remember, during a phone conversation with Delta they said to use latex caulk. I think (not sure) they said the caulk tube can contain no more than...
  5. urdrwho

PSI goes high during the night

I have my pressure gauge hooked up to the drain faucet on the hot water heater. All day long it stays at @60 PSI, all evening it stays the same, at 11PM I go to bed and it is the same. I check it in the morning and the red needle is sitting at 140 PSI and the current PSI needle is setting at...
  6. urdrwho

Kitchen sink faucet - plastic --- did I fall asleep

It has been a while since I had to replace any faucet in my kitchen. Went to Lowes today to replace it, my wife picked out the faucet from looking at the wall hangings, it was a known brand and home we went. I opened the box and the soap dispenser was plastic --- looked like metal and chrome...
  7. urdrwho

Price Pfiester bath faucet now turns backward

Ok, this is weird. I recently tiled the bath surround and had removed the faucet handles and other stuff. While working there was a little white plastic stop that fell off the stem. I waited until the job was complete to replace the little stops. I had turned the stems on to use the water...
  8. urdrwho

Water use - hissing G-Max Korky 528 fill valve - Quiet Fill

I'll get to my high water use after the story. Last winter I installed a new Korky brand float valve in the basement toilet. It had a weird hissing sound but the water wasn't rising so I thought it was just annoying. In march I got tired of the annoying hissing, went and bought another...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks