Search results

1. iwillattemptanything

Honeywell ST9103A1002 integrated oil furnace fan control board shorting out

I have been in my house for 5 yrs now and have gone through 3 of these boards. They burn out in the same spot each time, I have attached a picture. Any ideas what is causing this short in the the board?
  2. iwillattemptanything

What would you do?

The question still stands If you were me and had limited plumbing knowlwedge would you: The pipe is cast iron where visable and is 50 yrs old. I have 4 ft currently exposed which does slope at least the minimum 1/8" per ft. I have been in the house for 3 yrs and have had no drainage...
  3. iwillattemptanything

What would you do?

The goop in the pipe was black so it was difficult to determine exactly what it was. The only reason I am leaning toward tearing up the concrete and replacing the pipe is that I am finishing the basement and will be putting down flooring over the slab. I know I would regret if I had to...
  4. iwillattemptanything

What would you do?

I didn't get a DVD. I viewed on the screen while the guy was here. The RR guy said the line was good(no roots etc.) other than the area where the water was collecting. He said that if water is collecting then other stuff could collect and cause future problems.
  5. iwillattemptanything

What would you do?

I haven't had any backup problems in any of my drain lines. I am adding a 1/2 bath in my basement and after cutting into the horizontal Cast Iron Drain line under my basement slab I noticed a bunch of goop so I figured while I have direct access I should have it cleaned out. I had Roto Rooter...
  6. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

Can I switch the 3"x2" wye just above the 3" 90 with a 3"x2 tee? I am having an issue with floor clearance and the tee would make my life a lot easier.
  7. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

Thanks for the reply HJ. Most of the pipes will be below the slab. The 2" drain for the lav will come through the slap at the wet wall and the toilet drain will come up straight through the floor. I took a closer picture of the 3" 90 for the toilet. You were saying this should be a Long...
  8. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

OK. I had some time today so I have laid out the pipes. Please take a look and let me know what I have done wrong. The toilet drain is 3" PVC and the lav drain is 2". The vent out the top of the lav tee will be 2". Thanks in advance for any help.
  9. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

The toilet can be but does not have to be directly over the 4" drain pipe. I will do whatever is more efficient.
  10. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

I am going to be fraiming the wet wall in front of the pipes coming out of the wall and the vertical main drain line. I will then have a gap behind that new wall in which I am hoping to run the vent pipe.
  11. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

Just got home. Thought it would be a good idea to upload real pictures rather than my terrible drawings.
  12. iwillattemptanything

Basement Bath rough in

Hello all, This is my first post on the site, hopefully I am as clear and thorough as I need to be. I am adding a basement 1/2 bath to my 1945 split level in Stratford, CT. I have seen a couple posts on here of basically the same thing in which guys post pics of their pipe layout and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks