Search results

1. Kent10

TOTO choices for 11" rough in

Yes I am measuring from the center of the bolts to the drywall and not the baseboard. One side reads under 11" and the other side just over 11". Thanks for the help.
  2. Kent10

Thanks for the info, Jim. Even with that extra 1/4 inch I think it will be very close if that is added to 3/4 inch. One side of the toilet is under 11 inches to the wall, the other just over. I may go with the elongated version and not worry about the fit then. I was worried about bumping...
  3. Kent10

Toto Drake and Rough In Hi: We would like the round version of the Toto Eco Drake model CST743E because we don't have a lot of space. I have read in several places in this forum that this toilet will fit as little as 10 7/8 inches rough in because set at 12 inches the toilet sits 1 1/8 inches...
  4. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

I just thought I would update my progress. I went to Home Depot to get some 00 washers and sure enough they are different from the 00 washers that I tried. For some reason the ones I have are thicker. I was optimistic that the new washers would work but they still didn't. It could still be...
  5. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

I did notice these Pignose washers that may be a little different from the standard beveled washer. At .225 thick I think they are not as thick as the standard 0 bevel. I guess I am still wondering if that original washer is somehow slightly different than the standard washers. Found it on...
  6. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

Thanks everyone. I tried the 00 and it was quite good but still with a slow leak. So I trimmed the 0 to make it fit and it was not as good as the 00 but better than the original. So as John said it may be the seat. The 00 that I used looked rough when I took it out so the seat may have...
  7. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

Here is a close up of a stem with a washer on it. Mansfield like mine but mine is probably older. What kind of washer is that? I don't think it is the normal beveled. I managed to get the beveled 0 in there by trimming it at the bottom but it is still leaking but slowly. I will check again...
  8. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

Thanks John. I just tried putting a 0 beveled washer in there and it was not possible to get it in. I really think the 6 slots were there originally on the washer. They aren't on the Pignose ones I linked to so those won't work any better than any other beveled 0. As you guys are saying...
  9. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

OK I have some pics. I wonder if those slots were there on the washer or if formed by forcing it in. But on the stem it does say Pignose 0. Also on the washer. Thanks.
  10. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

Thanks Jimbo. I see what you mean. The Pignose washers this company sells don't have the slots around them like mine but otherwise they look the same I think. So I am not sure they would fit. I will try to get a pic of it. I put it back for the moment because we need the water at our house...
  11. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

It has been tough but I believe I found the washer on line http://homefixitparts.com/plumbing/P2-02-188.php?part=P2-02-188&dept=Plumbing It is blue just like this one. I will call locally tomorrow and if they don't have it I will order from here. Thanks.
  12. Kent10

Pignose Washer?

Hi: I am trying to fix a leak on an outdoor freeze proof faucet. I finally got the handle off after much trouble. The washer that is at the end of the stem is called a Pignose 0 and it has 6 slots on it to fit on the stem. I searched online and there isn't much information. It looks like...
  13. Kent10

Leaking Freeze Proof Faucet--Handle Won't Come Off

I don't see a nut though. Mine looks similar to this but the handle is a little different. Prier Products 378-14 Frost-proof Wall Hydrant
  14. Kent10

Thanks Jim. I was just taking the summer hoses off getting ready for a freeze we will be having in a couple days. That is when I noticed the leak coming out of the faucet where the hose is attached. It leaks continuously. Hoses were not left on in the winter. From what I have seen in...
  15. Kent10

OK thanks Cookie. I was hoping it was just a rubber washer that would be easily replaced.
  16. Kent10

Thanks for the help Cookie. It is a Mansfield brand. I don't think I have access to a nut behind the handle. My faucet does not have the extra "knob" that I have seen on other freeze proof faucets. It also keeps turning like a normal faucet. Thanks again.
  17. Kent10

Hi: I have a leaking freeze proof faucet outside. I took the screw out of the handle but the handle did not come off. So I bought a handle puller and it won't work because the small rod that goes into the middle of the handle goes in all the way. I took a file to insert it and it goes in...
  18. Kent10

Power on Circuit Off then On Again

Thanks for your concern, jar546. I decided to look for the problem instead of wait and I believe I have fixed it. I looked inside the first outlet in the group that wasn't working and sure enough one of the wires was just hanging there. I secured it and all is well. I learned a lot from all...
  19. Kent10

Thanks everyone. I was able to check which outlets are on the same circuit and there were more there than I first thought. So I have an idea where the faulty outlet might be and I'll probably wait until it goes out again and then I will check it to see if I can find a loose connection. This...
  20. Kent10

Thanks very much everyone for your suggestions. Your explanations are very clear and I understand what to look for. I thought it was everything on one circuit that goes out but I will check to be sure and then if and when the power goes out again I will check to see if all or just some of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks