Search results

1. Bldn10

Early 1940s "Standard" Tub Drain

I am renovating a house built in the early '40s and it has probably the original cast iron tub w/ probably replacement Sayco faucet and probably original "Standard" drain and overflow. The drain is my problem - it does not close. It is an odd design in that there is a rod that runs horizontally...
  2. Bldn10

Help! - new system is not cooling adequately

I just renovated a house to sell and am closing next week. It is a 1 story house of 1800 sf w/ an added closet and hall upstairs of around 200 sf. The contractor and I decided that a 4 ton unit would suffice if I had extra insulation blown into the ceiling. We took up attic floor and blew in...
  3. Bldn10

Electric water heater keeps tripping high limit.

This is in a rental house and the tenant will have hot water and then it will quit. Every time, the high limit is tripped. I have replaced both elements, the upper thermostat, and even the old fuse box w/ a new breaker panel. After I put the thermostat in it seemed to be working fine - elements...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks