Search results

1. starchoice

Need Urgent Help for Tem Cartridge Removal

Thanks, jimbo, that was indeed the problem. The side rubbers were stuck. I knew there was a problem when twisting would go only a little each way, to the right and left. When I started pulling, it got stuck. It was like it was attached to something at the other end. To and fro, back and forth...
  2. starchoice

Need Urgent Help for Tem Cartridge Removal

Need Urgent Help for Stem Cartridge Removal I am in the process of trying to remove my Moen stem cartridge for my shower. After fiddling with this thing for quite some time, I can now only get it to move out halfway and it won't fully come out. Any suggestions on why it wouldn't come out the...
  3. starchoice

Replacing Toilet Shut-off Valve

Many thanks to you, Plumber Jim. I did just that and it works perfectly. I then tackled my original problem which is what caused me to shut off the valve in the first place and that was replacing the fill valve in the toilet due to a constantly running toilet getting progressively worse. All is...
  4. starchoice

Replace toilet shutoff valve

Hey, Gary What did you end up doing with this? I'm working on the same problem.
  5. starchoice

I ask for a bit of plumbing advice and I get fear mongering and real estate advice in its place. With all due respect, I think you have misidentified the piping as defective PB. If what you say is true that "PB has been off the market since about 1995" and "PB hasn't been installed for over...
  6. starchoice

Leaking is not the issue. The leaking is at the valve but it only leaks when I put it in the close position which since it doesn't close (shut off), there is no point putting it in this position. The issue is that the valve does not work so I want to replace it. Thanks for the various...
  7. starchoice

Shut-off does not shut off water but starts to leak - more than a dribble. When turned on (allowing water flow), it doesn't leak.
  8. starchoice

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe you missed the comment about me being a novice. What's a sharkbit shutoff? What I need to know is how does the valve come out of the pipe and reinsert? Do I need a special tool?
  9. starchoice

My toilet has been leaking now for some time and I want to replace the insides which I think I can do no problem. I am a total novice. However, when I went to close the shut-off to the toilet, it did not shut off the water but rather started leaking at the valve. It seems to be okay when open...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks