Search results

1. Scott99999

How to remove or change old rotating shower head with wide connection?

Great, thank you. I appreciate. I did some additional poking around myself and I see that this "ball" arm is somewhat common on older showers. I guess my only concern now is -- since the shower arm is inside the wall, once I try to unscrew this -- what are the chances that I'm going to open...
  2. Scott99999

How to remove or change old rotating shower head with wide connection?

Hello, My house has a circa 1970s shower head that appears to be attached to the pipe with a wider-than-normal, rotating ball and socket head. I can't see what's there without breaking open the shower head, since the rotating portion is within the head itself, and I'm afraid if I do...
  3. Scott99999

Ugh - Renovation blocked, ceiling under plumbing - little help?

Thanks. All feedback is appreciated. I think I was originally thinking about the furring strips in the wrong way. There's already a 2x4 structure for the ceiling that sits below the joists, so I was originally thinking that I would just add strips to that to lower their height. But...
  4. Scott99999

Well, I also typically hate them...but what about a suspended ceiling in this circumstance? I guess they've got some nicer patterns these days.
  5. Scott99999

Hello, Thanks. I know that would be "best practices" for a new room, but there's no other way in this specific instance? That's going to probably add a full day to the project, once I deal with cutting the existing drywall, getting straight and clean cuts around the door, window, extra...
  6. Scott99999

Hello, We're halfway through a bathroom/laundry room renovation in the House That's Full of Surprises. The latest is that we had some (suspected) asbestos ceiling tile formally abated while they were taking out vinyl asbestos floor tile. They found (2) layered ceilings in the 5x5ft...
  7. Scott99999

Drywall / ceiling choice for stacked bathrooms with plumbing in between

Hello, Thanks. Is there a preferred insulation for that use? I know there's the armacell foam type and rubber insulation, but I'm a DIYer, so I'm not always clear which gets used in different situations. I've actually got this same question from another thread of mine (same bathroom)...
  8. Scott99999

Drywall / ceiling choice for stacked bathrooms with plumbing in between

Hello, We've got two bathrooms stacked - one small one (5x5) on the first floor adjacent to a laundry room, and a second one on the 2nd floor with a small shower. There's space between them for the plumbing (waste and water lines), but the area is generally closed off by joists. I was...
  9. Scott99999

Copper pipe and cement - proper installation for repair?

What about if there's a green patina on the pipe already? Do I need to clean or gently sand the pipe before wrapping it to get rid of any existing oxidation? Sorry - I've gotten a few different answers on this, and I just don't want to fill a hole with concrete if I'm not confident I've done...
  10. Scott99999

Copper pipe and cement - proper installation for repair?

Hello, I'm doing a bathroom renovation and found some fist-sized divots in the concrete slab once the old vinyl floor was removed and the trim off. Two of those divots are near pipes - one's a copper hot water heater pipe for a baseboard heater, and one is a larger (presumably) sewer pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks