Search results

1. Artie

Wire gauge for new double-oven?

Hi all. I asked this question once before, but it was for a single oven. My wife decided she wanted the double, so I need to ask again. Some of the gauge-to-amperage ratings are confusing, so let me ask straight out: for an oven thats 6.9kw @ 240V, with approximately a 40' run from the breaker...
  2. Artie

Wire size for 120V water heater?

I want to run this water heater, (10 gal., 120VAC, 1650W), at a remote location. (Approximately 20ft. from the breaker box.) Would 12-2 be sufficient?
  3. Artie

How to make junction for under-cabinet dedicated lighting circuit?

Hi all. I've run a dedicated 15A line for our under-cabinet kitchen lighting. Now it occurs to me that I'm not sure how to bring the wire out. A standard junction box won't hider under the cabinet. I'm fairly sure I need some sort of junction box, right? How do you all handle this? This will...
  4. Artie

New GFCI installation not working.

I just installed two new GFCI's in our kitchen. Neither works. I can measure 120VAC right on the terminals, and black and white are on the correct terminals. Also, I definitely used the "Line" terminals. The "load" terminals are masked off with yellow tape which I didn't remove. They're just...
  5. Artie

#10/3 for single wall oven?

I just want to make sure before I do this. This is a low-line Kenmore singe wall oven. Spec plate in door says: 120/240 3.4Kw. Installation guide calls for a 30-amp breaker. 10/3 is rated for 30 amps. Approximately a 20' run. Does this sound ok, or should I go for #8/3 or #6/3? Btw, thats...
  6. Artie

Razor blade depository!

I imagine that the "seniors" here will know what I'm referring to. Our two bathrooms are back-to-back. We tear down the drywall on one side to remodel. There, within the wall, is a fairly deep pile of used razor blades. Thats odd, I think. How would those get there? Then I realize, that they're...
  7. Artie

The "stuff" in the P-trap.

I'm one of those people who always thought that that curved thingy under the sink was to catch your wedding ring when you dropped it. Or maybe the aerator screen when you cleaned it. It was much later in life that I came to understand the "gas-trap" principle. Now that I know that its...
  8. Artie

"Normal" spacing from wall for recessed lighting?

This is for lighting above kitchen counters. Since the cabinets will be 12" and the counter top 24", I was thinking that the light fixture should be 18" away from the wall. This will give direct lighting down to the exposed counter top. But most pictures I've seen of model kitchens show the...
  9. Artie

Is there a "consumer" level pressure tester?

I've just run a fairly long hot/cold replacement line in my house. I'd love to test this thing for leaks before I turn on the water. Is there a DIY tester?
  10. Artie

Are there any "gentle" 90 deg bends for CPVC?

I'm making several "turns" in a plumbing line. I can't seem to find any gentle 90° bends. Just the hard right-angle turns. Do these even exist?
  11. Artie

Can I do this, (vent stack), and this, (aux WH)?

This #1: This house originaly had a flat roof over a carport. Some previous owner enclosed the space and added a gable roof. Unfortunately, they didn't extend the washer vent stack above the new roof line. If I extend it straight up, it will show at the front of the house. Can I do a little...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks