Search results

1. JoshRountree

Opinion on old Bradford White, fix or replace?

Looking for opinions before I decide what to do. I've got an old Bradford White that's worked awesome forever, but I think the thermostat is either going out, or has minerals on it. If no hot water has been called for in a long time the water is lukewarm, but after the thermostat kicks on the...
  2. JoshRountree

Kohler Trend, Replace 3 hole shower valve?

Looking for some advice on a 3 hole shower valve. I have to replace the rubber washer (circled in red) every couple of months. It's only on the hot side. I'm thinking I need to replace the seat as well, but looking for advice. replace the whole valve with cartridge units (I have decent access...
  3. JoshRountree

Buzz vibration after installing cycle stop valve

I installed a CSV1A about a month ago. The cut in pressure is set to 40 psi, the cut off pressure is set to 60 psi. The working pressure for the CSV1A is around 55 psi, give or take what's using water. If I use enough water to cause the pump to turn on, there is a buzzing or vibration...
  4. JoshRountree

Buying a new house - water analysis

Hey guys, I've spent a lot of time reading on Terrylove.com and always appreciate the amount of knowledge found here. My wife and I are under contract on a new home and the water analysis has stopped us in our tracks. Any thoughts on the results? Does anyone have any feel on how much a treatment...
  5. JoshRountree

Test 2 wire pump

Hi, we've had record lows here and I thought my pipes froze at the well head, but now I'm leaning towards the pump is burned out. I've had heat tape and used my heat gun for 2 days. Can you test a 2 wire pump? I disconnected the pump wires at the well head and tested for continuity between the...
  6. JoshRountree

Preferred Well Head Fittings?

When the well pipe (hdpe, pvc, doesn't matter) comes out of the well seal, what's the preferred fitting? Since I have the black poly pipe, I was thinking of using something like this -...
  7. JoshRountree

Getting ready to replace all the DWV, am I on the right track?

I want to add a washer/dryer, but there isn't anything correct about my current DWV system. The house was built in 1972, so instead of adding onto shoddy work, I want to replace it all and make it right. Let me know what you think. I've got a before picture, and an after picture, plus two...
  8. JoshRountree

Do they make a double combo fitting that can be used vertically and horizontally?

I know they make double combo fittings that can take two horizontal inputs, but I want to use one that takes an input from horizontal and vertical.
  9. JoshRountree

Do you have to use a closet bend after a toilet flange?

If I wanted to go down about 12 inches after the toilet flange to avoid have to cut joists, can I just use a piece of pipe and a coupler into a wye combo? Similar to this, but the combo would be on its back for the vertical to horizontal transition. When do you have to use a closet bend...
  10. JoshRountree

Anyone use an angle finder to check for 1/4" per foot slope?

Seems to me it would be way easier to check it with an angle finder instead of a 1" block attached to a 4 ft. level? A 1/4" block attached to a 1 foot level would work too, but the angle finder seems so easy?
  11. JoshRountree

What kind of 90 to use on the oulet side of a trap?

I'm getting ready to starting plumbing in a washer, and I went by Lowe's and saw the 2" 180 degree p-trap, but not sure what kind of 90 (short sweep, medium sweep, long sweep) to add to it to transition into the trap arm. I'm assuming it will be a street 90 as well?
  12. JoshRountree

Where to find brass well ell?

I'm assuming that you use a well ell at the top in the well seal. This prevents the pump from falling down the well? All I hear is how bad galvanized is, but the only thing I can find is galvanized steel. Here is what I've found so farProPlumber Well Ell, can anyone point me towards the brass ones?
  13. JoshRountree

Torque needed for stainless steel clamps?

For regular sized fittings do I only need 2 clamps? For extended length sized fittings do I need 3 clamps? Should they be spaced so that the tightening nut is not in line with the clamp beside it, i.e. 180* away from each other? I have an inch-lb torque wrench for my car, what setting...
  14. JoshRountree

Is my pump dead?

Hi everyone, I recently bought my first house back in May of this year. Ever since I moved in you could feel the pump kicking on/off when the pressure tank would get to its cut-in (30psi), water pressure has always been lack luster unless the pump was going or the pressure tank got to 50psi, any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks