Search results

1. James W

Gas fireplace shutting off

My daughter is having a problem with the gas fireplace in her small condo. It will operate normally for 20-30 minutes but then shuts off. When she first moved in we had to have the thermocouple replaced - since she doesn't use very much don't know if this is when problem arose. Doesn't seem to...
  2. James W

Pressure relief valve failed.

That would great. Don't know about Brickman, it is a Do6f -probably as old as the house 1978
  3. James W

Pressure relief valve failed.

We werE woken up a few nights ago by a pretty loud water hammer. Happened 2 or three more times that night. No water running so know of "spontaneous". Checked everything out and ended up fiddling with the water pressure on the PRV (an old Honeywell). This reduced the severity but still get a...
  4. James W

Frozen baseboard heating pipe

A couple of years ago during a particularly cold winter came home to a garage full of water. Turned out the original hot water baseboard heating pipe for the top floor had about 8 feet between rooms run through an unheated attic space with no pipe insulation . Haven't had a...
  5. James W

shifting toilet1/4"

I am redecorating the bathroom and to accomodate the panelling need to move the toilet foward 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch. Is there enough "give" in the wax seal to just pull it up and reposition (with a new seal of course)?
  6. James W

expansion tank issues

blocked connection if one of the connections had been oversoldered when installing the tank could tis have caused a drop in pressure? very high whistling noise when flushing toilets after installation complete
  7. James W

expansion tank issues

Just had an expansion tank added and now have a whistling noise at the pressure valve when flushing a couple of toilets and seems to be lower pressure in the system. why would an expansion tank have affected flow?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks