Search results

1. KathyER

Vent stacks and main

I explained the problem... and let them DX the problem. I do ask if it could be this or that, and why or why not so I will learn. The last plumber told me to call him back if the one toilet still gave me problems after the line was cleared, then he would look at the next thing that could be...
  2. KathyER

Types of TP

And what about different types of TP? Several people have told me not to use the "soft stuff" or double-ply. Does that clog the line? Besides or unless roots.. right?
  3. KathyER

Vent stacks and main

Really? Never seen a clogged vent stack? A few months ago, I saw one while watching "This Old House" on tv. It was leave debre, basically.
  4. KathyER

Types of TP

Oh, the wonderful things I'm learning! I've had roots in the line cleaned this week. I know you guys don't recommend chemicals. Does that mean the root killer? How come? People tell me to not use this or that type of TP. I have a 45 yr old line that goes to the city main that needs...
  5. KathyER

Vent stacks and main

What are the symptoms of clogged vent stacks? I've had my sewer line (is this called the lateral?) cleaned this week -- twice. And the city has checked their end of the line and gave the all clear. Why don't the plumbers check the vent stack when they are here? Yes, the main was clogged...
  6. KathyER

New 'Old' House Woes -- Need a new sewer line?

Haha... I make a mean carrot cake or angle food. Texas is home of pecan pies, also. Yeah, my teenage daughter has already decide only a husband who is a handyman and can cook is worth marrying! I say, marry a handy-man or someone who makes enough to pay for good quality handy-men! Hmm... I...
  7. KathyER

New 'Old' House Woes -- Need a new sewer line?

Hi, Another question about my new "old" house. Ranch built in 1959. Salb. Ok... live and learn but this is the first unplanned item that I did not read between the lines in the disclosure statement nor had enough knowledge about houses. (Besides what I feel like is low water pressure)...
  8. KathyER

Low Water Pressure

Hmm... talking about water pressure gages. I kind of recall the inspector dragging out some gages in the kitchen. Hmm.. but I was so entranced standing in my pretty and very first house.. I didn't pay 100% attention to him... just walked around like a puppy going.. yeah yeah ok no big deal...
  9. KathyER

Shopping for a plumber

Thanks for the advice -- especially for reminding me to check the BBB. I'll stick to word of mouth. Unfortuately, I've met only 2 neighbors. But, I do have 2 recommendations. Let me see .. enie mine moe. Seems I've moved onto a street where everyone goes inside and stays to themselves. :(...
  10. KathyER

Shopping for a plumber

Hi, I'm so glad I found this board!! I'm sure you guys will be very helpful and eventually I can learn to fix a few things myself. Until then, any advice on shopping for a plumber besides recommendations? Thanks! Kathy
  11. KathyER

Low Water Pressure

Thanks. Sounds a little more involved than I hoped. No, the sellers did not disclose low water pressure. After the sell of the house, since I've been in contact with the sellers, I mentioned it. She just said, "Oh, I guess because I stay home all day, I can do my chores all day and I never...
  12. KathyER

Low Water Pressure

Hi, I've bought my first house this summer. A 1959 ranch. Much to my disappointment, I can not demand water from more than one system(?) at a time. It has been a fun juggling act every day after work -- water the lawn, do dishes, or laundry? Someone needs to take a shower? I have to stop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks