Search results

1. winklebe

Silly Question Regarding Switch Boxes

Thanks for all of the input. Jim are you saying that I place the box in the return I can not run the Wires up the stud in the Return unless they are in a metal conduit? and if that is the case, would a 2x4 down the middle of the return creating a enclosure mitigate this requirement? or I...
  2. winklebe

Cultured Marble Shower Base Install

Hello all, Looking for a little advice, I am going to be installing a solid piece single threshold shower pan. It is produced by a company here in Ohio called Rainbow. The specifics of the project are - the Bathroom is currently gutted to the studded walls and a 3/4" OSB sub-floor. I plan...
  3. winklebe

Agreed. What if I partitioned the Cold Air return and built a 2x4 box around the switches and wiring, narrowing the passage used for the cold air return. does any know of a specific requirement for the size of the passage used for the cold air return? I am guessing that its like 14" now and I...
  4. winklebe

I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. As part of the remodel I am changing the swing of the door and will need to move the switches from one side of the door to the other. Not a big task as I am rewiring the room for moved lights fans ect. However, when I look at the open wall that the...
  5. winklebe

Little Help Routing Drains

HJ, Thanks for the input, when you say the "Proper fitting", what would that be? Are you recommending a double Y fitting instead? If so what is the Benefit of the double Y vs. the risk of using the Sanitary? I have read that the only down fall to the sanitary cross is that a drain auger...
  6. winklebe

Ok all here are a few pics of the drain system that I have installed. You will notice I have also routed in an additional vent from the left for a toilet that was moved to that end of the room. As the toilet is connected to a 3" pipe that was running horizontal I was told that it was in fact...
  7. winklebe

The blue routing from the original pic is what I have put together, I will post a pic or two tomorrow night after I put it in. Thanks again for all of the input all.
  8. winklebe

Moving a toilet (with a flat vent)

I have a toilet that I am attempting to move from one side of a wall to the other. The current set up has a drain running up the outside wall of the house from the basement the drain makes it to the second floor bathroom where it turns 90 and runs parallel to the floor for the length of the...
  9. winklebe

HJ, Thanks for the input, One quick question. When you refer to the orriginal design are you refering to a situation where the drain is routed at the base over the the center of the two sinks then a vertical section is ran up and the two sinks are split off one to the right and one to the...
  10. winklebe

I am currently in the process of a master bath remodel, and I have a question regarding the venting / drains for the new double sink vanity that I plan on using. I will be moving the vanity to the opposite wall and building a lager shower in its place. On the new wall there was previously a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks