Search results

1. jbrinker

Help Sizing new Mod/Con boiler to exiting HWB, part of larger basement remodel

OK, finished with the slant fin tool: Total Home: 60044 Main Fl 27628 family room 9897 24 kitchen 2210 6 dining 5281 12 living 4983 12 entry 3011 0 powder 732 4 mudroom 1584 6 second fl 14697 br1 2494 12 br2 1531 10 br3 3410 13 master...
  2. jbrinker

Wow, this is great stuff. I will reply more later (Have a meeting to go to) but I was able to find the meter read dates for last winter. Meter read 12/17 Estimated 1/18 @ 180.8 them Meter read 2/13 @ 171.5 therm So, 12/17 --> 2/13 180.8+171.5 = 352.3 Therm Looking up degree days now...
  3. jbrinker

This is all great, great information. I am trying to get the actual meter reading days (unfortunately my wife pays the bills, and insists on paper billing, which means that the online utility co website has only summary data). If/when I do I will run the calculation as you described it a couple...
  4. jbrinker

Thank you very much for this very useful reply. Heres some more info I just looked up to help zero in the WAG method assumptions above. I just looked at the existing boiler. Its a Buderus GK224E, Max INput listed as 87900 (Max output is blank). Bill for last winter was 180 therm/month for Dec...
  5. jbrinker

Here's my situation, Ive been lurking on this board for literally years. Im not a plumbing or HVAC expert by any stretch, but in getting quotes for my new remodel project, I realized that I have a better handle on some of this boiler tech and so on from reading this (and other) boards than some...
  6. jbrinker

Basement remodel - bar sink, utility sink - design

Ok, Update here. I took a break from the other basement remodel activites, moved the washer out and took a real good look. This is a cob-job to top all. Here's what is really there: Original cleanout T, that had (at one time) a 4" female cleanout adapter welded in. Prior owner sawed...
  7. jbrinker

Attached a really really bad MS paint of what I was thinking. 4x2" sanitary T with 4" cleanout on end. 2" goes to a 90 elbow back towards wall, into a 2" sanitary T with the T into a trap for the washer, then back up vertical to the washer standpipe. Other side of the T continues back to the...
  8. jbrinker

OK, Here's a picture of the base of the stack, and the "additions" that were made by the prior owner when they moved the washroom downstairs. The 1.5" that exits to the left goes about 20' to another room where the sink is. the washer as you can see drains through the trap into the wye and...
  9. jbrinker

I guess the best thing to do would be to consult a local guy - inspector or plumber. I measured things with a tape last night, and I think I will be right at about 18" rough-in height at the furthest fixture. It's a counter-top sink, and I can even make the counter higher than normal if needed...
  10. jbrinker

OK, so I have caused some confusion, and I'm a rookie obviously. 1) Yes, this is all above slab, the main sewer line exits about 3" above the slab (bottom of pipe is 3" above slab). If I were to tie in as the current "utility" sink is, the bottom of that 1.5" drain pipe is about 8" above the...
  11. jbrinker

I am at the early stages of a basement remodel. In fact, right now I am just gluing hardboard insulation to the perimeter walls. However, over the winter I'd like to start the finishing process, and there will be some plumbing involved. (partial plan attached - no plumbing shown, but the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks