Search results

1. J

Plastic shower base with tile walls?

Thanks to all on the input. I'm going to order a Swanstone base (figured from internet comments Swan's low-end Veritek shower base was not worth the savings). I bought an off-the-shelf Lasco shower base, but took it back after seeing it really wouldn't work well with a mortar base. The...
  2. J

I had in mind a solid plastic base, probably the Swanstone that I think my local Home Depot carries in stock. I understand they require mortar to keep them from flexing. The bathtub I installed a couple of years ago was supported that way, and it's very reassuringly solid to stand on.
  3. J

I'm replacing a 36x36 one-piece plastic shower stall. I had planned on replacing it with a two-piece retrofit, but decided they look pretty cheap. I studied the solid-panel plastic shower wall/floor units, but their cost seems out-of-line with what I'd get. I like tile, but have seen a lot of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks