Search results

1. Vitaliy

Bath tub replacement cost?

Hi Everyone, I am planning to replace my old bath tub with new one. New one will be “Steam Shower + Hot Tub + Sauna†complete unit (tub with all walls and ceiling). Some plumbing and electrical job will be required. Electric box is right below bathroom so wiring should not be a big deal...
  2. Vitaliy

Bathtub refinishing experience?

Hi Guys, I know, you are all for total bathtub replacement but at this time for me this is not an option. My wife also categorically rejected the idea to use plastic insert. So looks like my only option would be to refinish my old iron cast bathtub. If somebody did it could you please...
  3. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Hi, Can I put together two fittings if one is NPT and another one is NPS or this must not be done under any circumstances? Thank you, - Vitaliy
  4. Vitaliy

Boiler safety during vacation?

Hi Everyone, I have hot water radiant heating system. Whenever we are out for a long time (vacation) my main water supply is turned off. At summer time my boiler is also turned off but during winter time I want my heating system to be on but main water supply to be off. Question is: Is...
  5. Vitaliy

Plumbing safety/protection?

Hi Everyone, If say, my main shutoff valve could be remotely controlled what would be better/safer scenario for the plumbing system: - to keep plumbing system under pressure all the time and close main shutoff valve in case when emergency condition is detected? In this scenario some...
  6. Vitaliy

Toilet replacement, possible problems?

Hi Everybody, Next weekend I will be replacing old toilet (I have no idea how old it is, drain made of cast pipes) with new one. What kind of unexpected problems I may step in and how to be prepared for them? What parts (other then new flex supply tube, wax ring(s) and mounting screws) and...
  7. Vitaliy

Whole house sediment filter?

Hi Everybody, How often should I change whole house sediment filter if it looks like this (please check the attached picture) after being used only 3 weeks? Gary, please comment? Thank you, - Vitaliy
  8. Vitaliy

Touchless Ez-Faucet?

Hi Everybody, Did anybody try this Ez-Faucet: http://www.itouchless.com/share/cgi-bin/site.cgi?site_id=itouchless&page_id=ezfaucet Please, provide some feedback if you have one. Thank you, - Vitaliy
  9. Vitaliy

Preventive drain cleaning/treatment?

Hi Guys, Next weekend I am planning to replace old toilet with new one. During this time it will be nice opening into main drain system. As of today drain works fine but house is 50+ years old and I am thinking about preventive cleaning and/or treatment. Initially I thought about using...
  10. Vitaliy

Which Toilet-Seat combination to buy?

Hi Terry, Which combination of toilet-bidet seat (white, elongated) would you recommend? Research on your very good web site and bulletin board pointed me to go with one piece Toto Ultramax toilet and BB-1000 (or may be BB-500? Looks like BB-500 is on sale now but will I miss some...
  11. Vitaliy

Expansion tank air pre-charge pressure?

Hi Guys, What air pressure to pre-charge an expansion tank? - Tank comes pre-charged to the 40psi (this looks to low). - I would like to maintain 50psi in my house plumbing. (Is this OK? City water pressure is 90psi so I have room to play). - "Watts" recommendation is to pre-charge...
  12. Vitaliy

Water heater efficiency?

Hi Everybody, Well, price for all energy sources is going up. What would be the more efficient way to run water heater? 1. Decrease hot water temperature to acceptable minimum. Assuming recovery time is also acceptable and heater will be able to provide enough hot enough water...
  13. Vitaliy

Good source for plumbing parts?

Hi, Could someone point me to the good source for plumbing parts on the Internet? I spent couple hours sourcing Internet and finally gave up. Well, I can find everything but not what I was looking for. In particular, I need 3/4“ Meter Union (with rubber washer) and Solder Union for the...
  14. Vitaliy

Dynamic pressure drop after regulator?

Hi, About a week ago I installed Conbraco Series-36 pressure regulator. City water pressure is 90+psi. Static pressure right after the regulator is 50psi (default setting). Whenever water is used City pressure stays about the same but pressure after the regulator (pressure gauge is about...
  15. Vitaliy

Question about Watts N35B regulator?

Hi, I just bought on **** Watts N35B Pressure Regulator. Unit looks new but there is a piece of black plastic, visible through the output connector, located a bit to the left of the center. On a drawing I did not find what it could be. Is this normal and if “yes†what it is? (For me...
  16. Vitaliy

Expansion tank installation questions

Hi Guys, First of all, thank you all for very helpful replies. OK, couple days ago I installed pressure regulator to reduce city water pressure from 90+psi down to 50psi. Regulator is working fine but after it was installed I immediately realized I also absolutely have to install the...
  17. Vitaliy

Pressure phenomena question?

Hi, Two days ago I installed 36 series Conbraco pressure regulator to reduce city water pressure from 90+psi down to 50psi. I also installed two pressure gauges before and after the regulator. Regulator seems to be working fine but I have noticed very strange pressure phenomena, already...
  18. Vitaliy

Where to install pressure regulator?

Hi Guys, I have a question where to install pressure regulator – before whole house water filter of after? About month ago I installed two stages whole house water filter. Unit came with two pressure gages – one on filter inlet and second on outlet. I have noticed, city water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks