Search results

1. GeronimoDF

Cast Iron Am I crazy?

I am finishing my 1000sf basement. Right in the middle of my renovation, my neighbors cast iron pipe drain pipe under his slab finally rotted away. We redid his whole house. Now I am thinking weather I should break up my slab and replace my cast iron before I spend a lot of money finishing...
  2. GeronimoDF

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Toto UltraMax still the recommended toilet Finished another bathroom and need a toilet. Is the toto ultramax II still the best out there? My place says Toto discontinued them. Is it under another name? Gwyneth? Thanks
  3. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

I want to thank everyone who has taken their time to contribute to this thread. I figured everything out. The last tensing piece of the puzzle is this: Basement will have a laundry machine First floor will have a bathroom The main line is 3 inches. Can I vent everything off a 2...
  4. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

It is within five feet..... I will wet vent the shower with lavoratory. Which way is better to vent the toilet in the above pictures? The second picture I think would work better in my case but it looks like there is more of chance for decreased flow. Or it doesn't matter?
  5. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

How about vent the toilet like this? I do have the room underneath the slab. Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County or like this...... might work better
  6. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

Thanks for geeting back to me. The shower vent was going to rolled again. How would you do this?
  7. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

Vent and concrete question Hi, I have a bathroom on a slab. How does this rough in look? Main Line: 4 inch Toilet: Vented with a 2 inch rolled wye Sink: Vented with a 2 inch sani-tee Shower: Vented with a 2 inch rolled wye Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk...
  8. GeronimoDF

Horizontal Run with Pex (* Raceway *)

Ok... I will keep the hot and cold seperated. Code complaint?
  9. GeronimoDF

Is it code complaint to do this? It will be in a soffit....... I know it has to be supported every 32".....
  10. GeronimoDF

Hi, I have a raceway with pex. Can I bundle all my pex lines together with a zip tie, and then attach the zip tie to the header or do I have to mount each pex line individually? Thanks, Dan
  11. GeronimoDF

A Y on it's back

Can you turn a Y sideways so it sticks up a little? This line is coming from a slightly higher elevation. Thanks, Dan
  12. GeronimoDF

Are the trap arms 2inch or 1 1/2 inch?

Hi, Just bought a double fixture fitting, but the side pieces are 1 1/2 inches. In this picture, are they 1.5 or 2 inches? Would it be a problem using 1.5 inches for the trap arms? Thanks again, Dan
  13. GeronimoDF

Can I use this?

I want to thank everyone......I will see a sanitary tee.
  14. GeronimoDF

Can I use this?

Hi, I have a 4 inch stack, and I was wondering if I could use a 4" x 4" x 3" Combination Tee Wye to connect a tiolet to that stack?
  15. GeronimoDF

If you could choose...

What would install? 2 inch or 1 1/2 for a clawfoot tub? I know code tells me I can install either one but want your opionons. Thanks Dan
  16. GeronimoDF

Long Island Plumber?

Hi, I am looking for a plumber in Suffolk county who is a contributor to this website? Thanks, Dan
  17. GeronimoDF

Kitchen Sink Drain Line Through Studs???

What about building the wall out?
  18. GeronimoDF

What material for toilet flange?

Hi, which type do you guys use when you install a toilet flange? All PVC or PVC with a stainless steel ring or PVC ring with Brass ring? Thanks, Dan
  19. GeronimoDF

ProPEX® EP Stop

Hi, Has anyone use Uponor's ProPEX EP Stop and In-line Valves? They are made from ceramic instead of brass. My wife is ery crazy about lead in the valves even if there is very little. What rule is that..... Just keep the wife happy...
  20. GeronimoDF

Bathtub drain

Hi, I am installing a bathtub. I really want to install a 2 inch p trap, but I do not have alot of room. Can I contort the p-trap in any shape? Secondly, to avoid a s-trap, how short can the trap arm be? In order for me to use a 2 inch p trap, I need to contort the ptrap and have a 6 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks