Search results

1. sanrico

Water heater - one notch cold to hot

Hi everyone, I have a Bradford White Defender 50 gallon water heater. I think it's about 15 years old. I have always set the thermostat to the red notch, but in the past few weeks, our hot water hasn't been as hot as normal. Showers felt lukewarm and when washing dishes, the water wouldn't get...
  2. sanrico

How much to tighten this connection?

Hello all, I am installing a water softener. It has the valve pictured below, with 3/4" female threaded in/outs. I have 3/4" threaded Sharkbite adapters to go into it, also pictured below. I plan on using teflon tape (the regular stuff from Lowe's). I've been searching the web and am getting...
  3. sanrico

Replacing sanitary tee

Hello, In my bathroom, there was a double-sink vanity that we remodeled to just have one sink. Picture 1 below is the backside of the wall where the remaining sink is mounted, with the original plumbing. I removed the ABS cross-point pictured below in order to replace the leaking whole-house...
  4. sanrico

Questions about fresh air return for gas furnace

Hi all, I have a 2,000 square-foot ranch-style home in a dry climate (New Mexico). The furnace is gas (Bryant Plus 90) and located in the garage. There are two fresh-air returns: one in the hallway about 30 feet from the furnace, and one in the living room just on the other side of the wall...
  5. sanrico

Rubber plumbing?

Hi all, We recently had our second bathroom redone and this time, we went with a contractor. When he was done and we were going over his (sometimes sloppy) work, I noticed the drain for the vanity sink and the tub were both leaking. I noticed he used rubber "pipes" with hose clamps and I found...
  6. sanrico

Kohler Wellworth Tank not Level

Hello again everyone, I'm finally at the last stages of installing the toilet in our new bathroom and have run into yet another problem that has me scratching my head. I'm installing a Kohler Wellworth toilet. The base is perfectly level. However, when I started installing the tank, I...
  7. sanrico

Trouble securing closet flange to concrete floor

I thought I had finished the hard part of a toilet replacement when I removed the old closet flange piece by piece with a chisel, but I was wrong. I used PVC cement to replace the flange with a perfect fit. Now I'm trying to secure the flange to the floor and it's driving me nuts. I am using a...
  8. sanrico

Special Drain for Vessel Sink without Overflow?

Me again. We bought a vessel sink without overflow for our bathroom. We bought a Kingston Brass faucet (model KS8078DL), which came with a pop-up drain. Nowhere in the literature for this faucet does it say whether this drain is designed for overflow sinks or non-overflow. Is there a way...
  9. sanrico

Vanity Top Too Thick to Mount Sink?

We are tiling a vanity top and I just drilled the holes for the faucet. The vanity top is 3/4" thick, plus there is 1/2" Hardibacker board. On top of that, there will be thinset and thick tile. In my first picture, I've placed a tile on the vanity top (with some spacers to simulate the...
  10. sanrico

New Vanity: Distance from drain to wall and does drain need to line up?

We are installing a new bathroom vanity and sink. Right now, we are ready to cut the hole in the plywood top for the sink. My questions: 1. Is there a standard or ideal distance from the sink drain hole to the wall? 2. How much leeway do I have left or right to line up the sink drain...
  11. sanrico

Issue with Lining Up Bathtub Drain

Hello everyone. I bought a replacement bathtub the exact size as the one I took out. Before putting in the new tub, I measured the distance of the drain from the wall and they were the same. However, when we put in the new tub, it's off by about an inch or so. I am very confused how this...
  12. sanrico

New shut off valves releasing water when off?

Hi everyone on this wonderful forum! Yesterday, I did my first ever copper pipe sweat when I replaced the crusty old hot and cold shut off valves in our bathroom (we're getting a new vanity and sink fixtures) with new quarter-turn valves. I was very happy and proud to see there were no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks