Search results

1. ndog

Relocating venting for my tub.

Thanks Terry I read that and it's cleared a little up, I guess the only thing I don't understand is since the tub trap connects to the flat 3"(via a rolled 3x1.5x3 wye) which then goes up the roof why there is another 1.5" vent that just connects to that 3" in the attic. I've been staring at...
  2. ndog

I suppose a related question is can anyone recommend a good book that explains the theory and practice behind venting? I can't find any posts anywhere with a vent setup like mine and I'm still trying to understand how the shower venting works and if the 1.5" vent at the shower p-trap is even needed.
  3. ndog

I'm trying to install a new tub and I need to modify my plumbing slightly as the new drain needs to be on the other side of the floor joist. I'm trying to avoid drilling a new hole and to reuse the hole that's there now since it's already improperly drilled(by the builder) The diagram is...
  4. ndog

"hammer arrestors" on tub/shower mixing valve & a question about PP 0x8 valves

Thanks, normally I buy moen or delta faucets but this particular PP model is exactly the look I'm going for and delta/moen do not have equivalent trim. If there's no reason not to use this valve then I'll keep the pp. There's no mention of arrestors in the instruction booklet and all of the...
  5. ndog

Best grout sealant?

I've used aquamix sealer on recommendation from john bridge too. It worked great! I found it at a local hardware store. Another place to try is looking up tile stores in the yellow pages or on google local they usually have the better stuff.
  6. ndog

"hammer arrestors" on tub/shower mixing valve & a question about PP 0x8 valves

I'm considering updating my bath/shower fixtures as the wall is open and they're looking dated. Right now I've got the standard moen clear acrylic knob pull to control flow and turn to adjust temperature; no pressure balancing or thermostatic balancing. Initially I looked at a pp set because it...
  7. ndog

Is an above floor drain my only solution?

A few weeks ago I was here getting some good advice on purchasing a tub. Now that the project's started I've run into a huge snag. The old tub was an above floor drain model but I didn't know this until after I bought my new tub and pulled the old one. The new tub is exactly what I want and I...
  8. ndog

Budget tub shopping questions.

I went to look today: home depot, lowes, rona, a local hardware store and a plumbing supply. Not a single one stocks cast iron or americast(brand or type) all are special order and astronomically high. It looks like my options are sterling vykril, lyons acrylic, maax acrylic, mirolin...
  9. ndog

Cast iron would be nice unfortunately we pay more for some things for really no reason; I'll have to check out hd but the list price on that tub is $688 here (usd and cad are 1=1.) If it was a matter of $300 I'd get cast iron and lug it in. I'm going out tomorrow to hit the box stores and...
  10. ndog

backstory: I'm in the middle of doing a bath facelift and after tearing down the tile surround I managed to scratch the porcelain coating in my tub that I was planning on keep despite the drop-cloths and plywood; first problem in 25 years of daily use in that tub. I was going to just get...
  11. ndog

Any tricks for dealing with misaligned sink drains?

It is accurate, the only thing that's missing is there is a clean out plug on the bottom of the trap's u shaped piece. It was installed by a licensed plumber I guess about 10 years go. It hasn't malfunctioned or clogged; if it was drywall or there was a place I could cut and glue outside the...
  12. ndog

Thanks for the help! The abs is 1.5" and the tail off the drain is 1.25" If I put a 1.5" x 1.25" trap adapter on the top of the trap the tail piece is over the side of the threads by just under 1/2 an inch. I've got a spare 22.5 deg fitting in my tool box I tried playing with that, I'm going to...
  13. ndog

I'm doing a minor bathroom update, new paint and new sink/toilet/fixtures. But I've run into a problem installing the new sink. The abs p-trap comes too far out of the wall to line up with the drain tail. I've been reading the old threads and I see the flexible tail isn't a good idea I also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks