Search results

1. L

Question on Cycle Stop Valves

Thanks, VM. OK but what happens when the pump shuts off? When it's still filling the tank the pressure at the inlet to the DV is approx 136 psi and after all the filters should be approx 45 psi so the drop across the DV must be the difference less the drop across the filters or approx 85...
  2. L

Question on Cycle Stop Valves

I'm trying to put together a parts list for my water system and I have a question about Cycle Stop Valves. I have a 100' well where I intend to set a Goulds 5GS series pump @ 70'. Just after the pitless adapter the 1" pvc will feed in this sequence: -- the CSV (?) -- several canister...
  3. L

Casing problem in artesian well

Duh! DUH! I guess that's why you make the big bucks here by answering lame questions like this. <grin> Thanks again. Tom
  4. L

Thanks for replying VM Well, I was hoping to use 2 pitless adapters - one at 24" below grade to drain the top of the well casing when necessary - and one at 18" below grade for the pump. I suppose I could take the pump out through the well cap but i'd much rather use a pitless and run the...
  5. L

I have a new artesian well that has 60' of 6" steel casing and 100' of 4" pvc liner inside. The steel casing sticks up approx 20" above grade and the pvc liner is approx 30" below grade so that there's 4'+ of exposed steel casing at the top of the wellhead. Since it's artesian i've had a...
  6. L

Manganese problem

Thanks, Andy, for your reply.
  7. L

Manganese problem

I have a new well with a Manganese (Mn) problem. It's 100' deep and flows 15 GPM. The well pump - Goulds 5GS series w/ 3/4 HP motor - needs to pump to a 2500 G storage tank which is 110' higher than the wellhead. Add to that the 40' pump depth makes a total lift of 150'. My actual water...
  8. L

Questions on Goulds 5GS pump

Thanks for punching holes in my plan. I'd much rather learn what not to do here than after i've already bought the system. Another DUH moment. Makes much more sense than PVC pipe. Thanks. The $ checking I did suggests that it's about 50% more than sched 40, not counting fittings...
  9. L

Thanks for replying. The plan at this point is 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" sched 40 PVC for the 600' between the well and the proposed house site and then 2" for the 400' from there to the storage tank. (2" allows firefighting hose @ house) The real problem w/ this well is the combination of Iron &...
  10. L

Thanks for replying VM. A Dole Valve! Didn't know there was such a thing! Thanks for that tip. Ah, *that's* the info I was looking for. Is there a pump performance chart that you're aware that shows the relationship between flow, pressure and current draw? Tom
  11. L

I'm attempting to put together a water supply system on my remote, off-the-grid property. Here's a sketch of what I have & would like to have: <> a 100' artesian well that the driller found to have 15GPM flow rate (w/ the drill still at 100'). <> The water has moderately high Iron &...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks