Search results

1. K

Water coming out of 'overflow' in brine tank

Well, not sure if it's completely fixed; however, the system regenerated itself 2 days ago, and all appears to be well - no flooding/overflowing, no standing water in the brine tank, etc. I will have to monitor it to see what happens.
  2. K

In other words, it can now shut off the water, BUT some other malfunction is responsible for the water getting too high; understood. Right - which is why I went with the one guy in this area who installs almost nothing but Fleck and Clack control valve water softener systems. Got one...
  3. K

Yeah, I know, obvious question. I'm a computer geek, and can answer darn near any question about those; but I'm new to the world of water softeners, though I'm trying to be a true, SMART DIY'er, and learn from mistakes. I'm not sure that's the only problem, however; have a friend of mine who's...
  4. K

Doing some quick research, I have discovered a few things: 1. The water inside the brine well is just even with the overflow elbow. (Duh.) 2. More importantly, I noticed that the float rod was all the way up (as it should have been, since the water level was obviously too high), but the...
  5. K

So I ordered and had installed a Fleck 5600 Econominder, 1.5 cu ft resin, 48K grains water softener. Suffice to say that it is DEFINITELY doing its job - there is an obvious difference in our water quality in all ways (showers, dishes, etc.) However, I noticed that after the second...
  6. K

Questions about water softener choice...

Easy enough to answer: - not a big tub - my wife and I can stand up in it to take a shower, but only if we're in a hurry to take a shower (or, ahem, not in a hurry ;)) - 1 body spray - haven't drilled out any flow-restriction in the shower head - it works just fine as is - 1 bathroom (we...
  7. K

I dunno for sure; I know he has a Kinetico and hasn't had a problem with it. He's just got the single tank thing, I think (IOW, one brine tank, one resin tank). Actually, I believe that the pipe coming from the well to the house is 1" - the OD is 1.25", and if you subtract a 1/4" you get...
  8. K

I probably should clarify - the 'residue' when washing *ONLY* occurs in the dishwasher; so in all likeliness we're not talking about 'scale' but soap residue, especially considering that chlorides/sulfates, etc., test negligible, and our whole house filter really doesn't get all that dirty. Our...
  9. K

Ok; will provide as much information as I possibly can; hopefully it's enough. It's fairly obvious to me that we need a water softener - you know, scale on the dishes/glasses, residue on other stuff, etc. So I got one of those DIY water tests, and the basic results: Iron/Copper/Cl -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks