Search results

1. TJanak

Hallmark Installation with Pitless

Helping family install a 2 HP Hallmark in an older 4" pvc well. 297' total depth, 141' static level. Jetted 20-25 gpm. Plan to set the pump at 200' on 1.25" schedule 80 with stainless couplers. I remember reading it may be good practice to install another check valve immediately above the...
  2. TJanak

Solar Pump Issues

I'm relaying my Dad's story, so I'll try to keep it short and to the point. Solar pump running into 1400 gal cattle trough with float. Thunderstorms come through with pretty good lightning storm. Three days later notice cattle are out of water. Not pumping. Well man says to diagnose, take...
  3. TJanak

NPE-240A: Remote Controller or NaviLink?

New construction with a propane NPE-240A, dedicated (insulated) hot water loop, external recirculation mode, internal pump. The water heater is in the garage so it's roughly 80' to the farthest fixture/end of the loop. I want to schedule recirculation to 4:30 am to 10:30 pm. It appears the...
  4. TJanak

Cleaning New Shower Tile and Grout

I'm looking for advice on cleaning tile and grout in the showers in our new home. I did some searching here but didn't really find any good results. All of our showers use: Interceramic Duratec glazed porcelain tile https://interceramicusa.com/product/construct/#inspiration and Fusion Pro...
  5. TJanak

Soffit Vent Exhaust Cap

My HVAC guy installed these soffit vents for the bathroom exhaust fans in our new construction. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Spring-Loaded-Exhaust-Hood-in-White-BPSH4WHD/203626494 We have wrap around porches so they are actually installed in the porch ceiling near the outside...
  6. TJanak

PVC Conduit to Penetrate Metal Building

I'd like to bring PVC conduit (2"?) with UF cable into my metal building to feed a sub panel. I'd like to come through the sheet metal wall (R panel) a few feet above ground. What is the most secure and weather tight way to do this? I'm thinking of using flexible non-metallic conduit from the...
  7. TJanak

Softener Sizing for Two Water Sources

Good morning! I'm at the point in new construction that water treatment needs to be addressed. Currently have two wells that I can source from with results attached. Due to logistical and other issues, I will get the house up and running on the New Well T2 results attached. It is high in...
  8. TJanak

Poor Water Quality and Lining 4" PVC Well

Two related questions here really. Building a house currently and had a new 4" PVC well drilled. Knew it was a gamble as to water quality and results of test are attached. I plan to retest just to be sure. Don't have the report yet from the driller but 165' deep, 1 HP pump. This thing is...
  9. TJanak

Screen size, sand, and water volume on new well

I've always been fascinated with water wells and worked on them off and on over the years on places I have lived. Now I finally need to have one drilled for a house build and want to do it right. I'm talking to two local guys and have a few questions. But first a few details: Wells in our...
  10. TJanak

Gas Heat vs. Heat Pump in Spray Foamed New Construction

I should have known the issues with installing a typical gas furnace in a spray foamed house, but it slipped my mind, and was reminded when the HVAC guy bid only electric heat. When I called him we got into the discussion of the tightly sealed house needing a 90% gas furnace or a heat pump (or...
  11. TJanak

Septic Tank Distance from House

Any thoughts on placing a septic tank a longer distance away from the house? Starting new construction and the septic guys were out yesterday needing measurements. They want to place the tank 25' from the house, I'd like to go about 65'. Purely for aesthetic and convenience reasons on my end...
  12. TJanak

Replacing motor leads on 2 wire pump

Are the motor leads replaceable on what appears to be a 2 wire Red Jacket pump? It was stuck when pulled so well co pulled the wires out but from what I know the pump was running before it was pulled. Hate to just junk the pump if it could be repaired. Thanks, Travis
  13. TJanak

Sizing of new well casing, pump, CSV for irrigation and household

Doing some thinking and preliminary planning here. Would like to drill a well in the next couple of years that could be used for both irrigation and household use. Household use would be your typical 4 person family in a 3/2 house. Irrigation could be up to several hundred trees on micro...
  14. TJanak

4" Submersible Replacement and Sand Questions

I've got several questions so I'll try to ask things in order. Bought a piece of property near Rockport, TX that has several 4" PVC wells. After the hurricane but before I bought it everything was pulled and jetted. One well is apparently bad (makes less than 5 GPM when jetted, was 40+...
  15. TJanak

Distance From Meter to Disconnect

I plan on building a new metal building in the same location after I tear down my current poorly constructed wooden shed. Right now there is a meter on a POCO pole with a small panel that has about 5 spaces (100 amp?) below the meter. The pole is within 2' of a wall on the current and future...
  16. TJanak

Drop Pipe Choice With New Pump

I'm out of town (of course) and my wife calls saying there is no water. I'll get dad to go over and test and see what we can find out, but I don't have a good feeling. Assuming I need a new pump, what do you recommend for drop pipe? 4" pvc casing, 80-120' deep (probably 80'), 1/2 HP pump...
  17. TJanak

Best drain type and strainer for kitchen sink?

Kitchen remodel with new undermount SS sink. I want to put in high quality strainers that will look good and last, as well as drain piping that will last. What do you prefer? Solvent PVC, PVC tube, brass tube? Brand/type of strainer? Thanks!
  18. TJanak

Need HVAC Suggestions - Conventional/ductless/etc.?

Looks like I'm in the market for a new central a/c and heating system. Currently have a heat pump with backup electric heat, no gas, etc. Typical stick built on slab house, single story (ranch I guess, not sure what that means, we have a lot of "ranches" here and all the houses are different)...
  19. TJanak

Will Water Heater Wiring Overheat with External Insulation?

Was reading an article in my local electric co-op magazine. They recommend not setting an electric water heater over 130* if wrapped with an external insulation blanket to avoid overheating the wiring. Is this really a concern? My water heater is set at about 150* and wrapped with a blanket...
  20. TJanak

Dimmer Switches - What's a good choice?

I'm going to be putting in quite a few recessed lights in the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I would like to use a dimmer at least in the dining and living rooms, partly because there will be a light fixture over the dining table and would want to dim for tv watching in the living room...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks