Search results

1. Daddio

Moen tub spout leaks?

Doesnt look distorted, though I see what you mean. Could smoothing the pipe with emory cloth help? Or some kind of lube or sealant? teflon tape? Or does someone make oversize o rings? Cant replace copper pipe stub without busting brand new tile...
  2. Daddio

Moen tub spout leaks?

Hi I'm installing a new Moen Kingsley diverter tub spout and it leaks out the back. Allen screw was snugged enough to cut into the pipe. I checked the o rings and they look ok. Do I need some sort of sealant or lubricant here? Will tightening the allen screw a lot help? I am worried it will...
  3. Daddio

Toto Carusoe tank leak

Thanks I checked the porcelain and reinstalled, but there is still a very slight drip down the threads when I set it out to test it. This is a fluidmaster 2" valve and gasket on a two-year old Toto Carusoe. The porcelain is clean, no crackis. Is there a better gasket to try?
  4. Daddio

Toto Carusoe tank leak

My toto is leaking at the same place - down the big threads of the flush valve base. Is the thin rubber gasket and the big nut on the valve base supposed to make it watertight alone? If so, just snug the nut? Or would plumbers putty help? Or, does the tank-to-bowl donut really seal the threads?
  5. Daddio

classic toilet flange question?

Not sure if I can raise it that high without tilting it. So try C-shaped spacers under the flange? Is plywood, CBU or plastic spacers best? thanks?
  6. Daddio

classic toilet flange question?

OK, I see this is a classic problem, but not sure which solution is best here. I am tiling my bath and the closet flange is roughed in on top of the subfloor. So the top of flange will be about 3/8 below finished floor when I tile. I unscrewed the flange, and have enough play in the pipe to...
  7. Daddio

Shower handle sticking out too far

Anybody try Moen part 162 escutcheon extension to fix this problem?
  8. Daddio

I doubt you could just cut it off shorter. There are some plastic inserts that go in the shaft. The solution seems to be either resetting the valve back in the wall or using that Moen part 162 escutcheon extension.
  9. Daddio

Its called an Escutcheon Extension, Moen part 162. None of the suppliers around here are familiar with it and I have only seen it on line and mentioned in this thread. http://www.faucet-warehouse.com/Moen/part/oil-rubbed-bronze/162orb Anybody seen one? For $81 bucks for the ORB version, it...
  10. Daddio

I seem to have this same problem of too much handle shaft showing when I trial fit. I have not tiled yet, but I cant move the valve back due to obstructions. Would a double layer of 1/2" hardibacker work? Has anybody tried those Moen escutcheon extender rings, and how do they look and work?
  11. Daddio

window in shower waterproofing

Hi All, I am installing a replacement vinyl window in the window in my shower alcove before CB and tiling. The replacement window will sit inside the existing aluminum frame. Which is a better way to finish it for tile? CB and tile UNDER the vinyl frame? Or ABUTTING the vinyl frame...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks