Search results

1. CountryBumkin

How much chloine should be in my holding tank?

Recently I had my water softener and carbon filter tanks rebeded. The guy doing the work said I should be reading some chlorine in the large holding tank - but nothing showing on the water test (Pool chlorine test kit). I had this system installed 20 years ago and the only instruction I got...
  2. CountryBumkin

Problem with Well pump - were can I get a Sta-Rite VIP III control?

My (drilled well) well pump is over 30 years old now. Twice in the last week the pump stopped working and I had to reset the Sta-Rite VIP III pump controller (by pressing reset button). Maybe the start capacitor is going bad. Due to the age of this equipment, I think the smart thing would be to...
  3. CountryBumkin

What toilet do you recommend in the $500 price range?

I plan to replace my old (1990) 5-gal flush toilet with a new "comfort height, elongated bowl toilet". I also plan to install a bidet seat (I currently have an Alfa Bidet JX seat on another toilet, and would probbaly get the same model for this one (unluss someone has a better recommendation) I...
  4. CountryBumkin

Are the PEX Type-B crimp rings all same (for 1/2 and 3/4 tube) regardless of pipe manufacturer?

Are the PEX type "B" pipe "compression rings" all the same for the various brands of PEX B tube? Meaning if I run across PEX-B, regardless of the manufacturer will the (1/2" and 3/4") crimp rings I have work - or do I need to buy the crimp rings from the manufacture of the tubing? Also do the...
  5. CountryBumkin

Is there a PVC epoxy or similar product to fit a broken flange?

I have an inground pool with two waterfalls. One of them has a broken flange where the 1-1/2" PVC fitting attaches. The flange is part of the fixture but has cracked at the top (probably due to weight/pressure from settling paver deck above. Replacing the waterfall fixture is not an option. Is...
  6. CountryBumkin

Is it true that Toto washlet only comes in white?

I was thinking of buying a Toto Washlet with toilet MW454584CEFG or the MW454574CEFG. Looking on the Toto website it appears the only color that combination comes in is white. I don't mind white, but then I would need to change the tub so it matches. My toilet, tub and dual sinks are bone...
  7. CountryBumkin

Washing machine water fill shut off valve has green corrosion - how to clean and prevent

I noticed the water fill valve for my washing machine has a green colored film on it. This is a copper fitting (like an exterior garden hose connection) located in a recessed cutout in the laundry room wall (an interior wall). I think the corrosion is just due to condensation sitting on the...
  8. CountryBumkin

Problem soldering Brass PEX fitting to Copper pipe

I purchased some brass PEX couplers made for soldering to copper pipe. These https://www.supplyhouse.com/Wirsbo-Uponor-LF4515050-ProPEX-LF-Brass-Sweat-Adapter-1-2-PEX-x-1-2-Copper when I tried to solder these I could not get the solder to flow into the joint. I cleaned both fitting and pipe...
  9. CountryBumkin

Can I drill a hole in the toilet tank?

I have a china toilet in my motorhome. It has an electric flush switch on the wall behind toilet (a dumb place for switch). This model toilet also was available with a flush handle. They stopped making this toilet 10 years ago so I bought some used parts just in case. These parts included the...
  10. CountryBumkin

How does the handle come off the Moen ExactTemp fixture?

I installed the Moen ExactTemp fixture in my shower back in 2010. Now something has gone wrong in the temp control handle. It is supposed to rotate to a stop position at 120F (then you can push in the button in the center of handle if you want to rotate further for hotter water. However now the...
  11. CountryBumkin

Toto - is a Flapper or Tower type more desirable?

I'm going to be buying a new toilet. I'm looking at the Toto with Washlet (Drake II or UltraMax II in ADA height. I need to study a little the difference between Drake II C100 and Drake II S300e as there is about an $800 difference in price. The Drake II S300e and UltraMax II are about the same...
  12. CountryBumkin

Where did my plan go wrong? When is a 4" reamer not a 4" reamer?

My PVC toilet flange is broken and the repair ring did not work, so I cut of the flange flush with the tile and planned to ream out the old piece of PVC and weld in a new flange. The OD of the PVC flange is 4". So I ordered a 4" reamer - and it just came in (after waiting a week). But the...
  13. CountryBumkin

What brand PEX manifold has shutoff levers that move front to back?

I'm trying to identify a PB manifold for a friend. it looks like a Viega ManaBloc but the shutoff levers are pulled 90 degrees forward rather than rotated . There is a cover that once removed shows the individual valves. Each bank of 12 valves is held together by four long threaded rods with...
  14. CountryBumkin

My deep well pump is over 27 years old now, should I replace it?

I have a well that is around 300 ft. deep (I think). The submersible pump is over 27 years old now. It makes a loud clunk/bang when it starts. It has a 40 gallon pressure/bladder tank. Should I replace the pump now - before it fails? What is the expected life of a well pump. I am the original...
  15. CountryBumkin

How much pressure can 2" DWV pipe take? Is it okay to use in pool plumbing?

I was thinking about adding a clean out to my Pool piping. I have in-ground pool with 2"PVC suction and return lines. The PVC line for the pool suction cleaner seems to be clogged, but there is no easy way to clean it out. I want to add a 2" PCV "Y" fitting (where the angled side would be used...
  16. CountryBumkin

Does Toto make a Toilet with Washlet or is the Washlet always an add-on?

I was looking around the Toto website for a toilet with a built-in Washlet but there does not seem to be one. Do you just buy a Toto toilet and then add the Washlet (throw away the original seat) or is there a toilet available that comes with the Washlet? I am probably not searching correctly...
  17. CountryBumkin

Recommendation for a good manual PVC pipe cutter (up to 2" pipe)

I need a PVC pipe (sch 40) cutter for pipes up to 2" diameter. Something manually operated and well built. Can anyone recommend a product? I have a handheld PVC cutter now (like ratcheting scissors) that works okay for pipe up to 1". The kind sold at the big box stores. Like this...
  18. CountryBumkin

My tank to bowl seal is leaking

I have an old two-piece Briggs toilet (the 3.5 or 5 gallon flush model - I'm not sure which) installed in 1990. I noticed this morning that the tank rocks a little on the bowl. I reached under and was able to turn one of the tank mounting bolt/nuts a turn by hand. This movement started a leak...
  19. CountryBumkin

Relocating Propane tank for pool spa - anything I should be aware of?

I want to replace and relocate the propane tank for my pool spa heater. The current "rented" tank (about 120gal) is above ground so the feed line from the tank is above the height of the spa heater inlet. I want to buy a larger tank (maybe 250 gal) and have it installed underground. The new...
  20. CountryBumkin

How does my hot water reciculation setup look?

I bought a Grufundos Comfort Home recirculation pump a while back (the old style with the manually set on/off timer switches). It has a built in temperature sensor and a small temp setting dial on the side. I'm finally getting around to installing it, and I wanted some feed back. I have a PEX...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks