Search results

1. Scott_V

4" hubless repair help - middle of run

I need to remove and replace a short section of my buried 4" CI main waste line. Seems to me I'll need the hubless couplings to slide back over the existing to allow me to place the repair piece, then slide the couplings back over thr repair piece. What couplings do I need to do this?
  2. Scott_V

Will flux corrode copper pipe?

A plumber told me today that flux left on the outside of copper pipes will corrode the pipe over time. Is this true?
  3. Scott_V

water in riser....how do i sweat solder?

I want to sweat solder an elbow onto a riser....problem is after shutting of the house water there is standing water to the top of the riser, as a matter of fact is is dripping slowly out of the riser. How do I solder the fitting with water in the pipes? I think the steam will prevent the...
  4. Scott_V

How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

I miscalculated and placed my angle valves too low and now the faucet supply lines won't reach....shoulda bought the faucet first. Can I buy supply line extensions? If not I guess my choices are to remove the compression angle valves, elbow the copper up a few inches....don't wanna do this...
  5. Scott_V

Can I solder a copper to brass threaded connection?

I've got a very slow leak from a threaded connection: copper female, brass male. I'm unable to tighten the connection with a wrench. Teflon tape was used in the threaded joint which might be a show stopper for soldering. I was thinking it might be possible to burn the away tape, then swet...
  6. Scott_V

Help!! How do I connect the overflow and drain assy to my new kohler tub?

Once I set the new tub (Kohler Villager) in place I have virtually no access to the overflow and tub drain assy. How do I connect these without cutting a hole in the wet wall and accessing from the adjacent room? I must be missing something obvious?? Or, is this a near impossible task without...
  7. Scott_V

Help!! How do I connect the overflow and drain assy to ny new kohler tub?

Once I set the new tub (Kohler Villager) in place I have virtually no access to the overflow and tub drain assy. How do I connect these without cutting a hole in the wet wall and accessing from the adjacent room? I must be missing something obvious?? Or, is this a near impossible task without...
  8. Scott_V

Looking for comments on bottle traps

I'm thinking about using either a Mountain MT2000 or Kohler K-9035 bottle trap drain beneath my vessel sink. Any comments on how well these work vs a traditional J-trap? The drain will be exposed and I like the sleek look of the bottle traps. Thanks- Scott Vroom Bottle trap
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks