Search results

1. Jag_Man653

Help me fix my Clack WS1 system

See my thread "Replacement of circa 2007 Clack" for background. I have now installed a new brine tank and all internal parts and a new elbow fitting on the control head. I've been stumbling around trying to get it operating correctly, but with little success. Latest symptom is air in the...
  2. Jag_Man653

Replacement of a circa 2007 Clack

My system has been in service about 16 years with resin replacement a couple times. I've lost the receipts & manuals so don't the model, but I think it's a WS1 or WS2. My records show that the outside water hardness is 26 and inside is 11, whereas back in 2015 the inside was around 1...
  3. Jag_Man653

How to diagnose Rain Bird valve problem

The flow to one of my Rain Bird controlled yard irrigation flow paths continues to flow once it's turned on by the Rain Bird control box. If I disconnect the the wire at the control box, there is no flow. That's what I've done to keep it from running 24-7. What is the most likely cause? Should...
  4. Jag_Man653

Washing machine hookup in re-piped house

When after the Geek Squad installed our new Samsung washing machine the Delicate cycle wouldn't complete due to a 4C2 error. Careful inspection showed that they had the hot & cold lines reversed! This was because they assumed the connections at the wall were according to the standard hot-on-...
  5. Jag_Man653

Replacing drain valve that is clogged

I have a Whirlpool water heater model 40T12-40UNG about 7 years old. When I open the drain valve there's barely a dribble. Is this because I've not opened it far enough? Dare I keep turning? Or, perhaps it's because I've neglected to flush it regularly and it's blocked by a mountain of...
  6. Jag_Man653

Kohler kitchen faucet K-12177 vs. K-10433

Got it from Kohler in 2008. I'm on the third one now. The swing arm corrodes internally making it hard to turn. Eventually it won't swing at all. And apparently they are corroding in the warehouse 'cuz the one installed in 2017 is close to frozen solid already. In fact, it was a bit dodgy out of...
  7. Jag_Man653

Connecting air gap to garbage disposer

I've got an Insinkerator disposer and a Kohler sink, both big brands, Why is it so difficult to connect it to the dishwasher air gap? The basic problem is the disposer has the air connection port aligned with port from the disposer to the drain. The hole in the sink for the air gap is between...
  8. Jag_Man653

Residential RO system comparisons

We've had an EverPure system in the kitchen for many years, and more recently a Watts system feeding bathrooms and refrigerator icemaker. Both have served well. Current issue is the EverPure cartridges are no longer sold in CA and certain other states because EverPure has chosen not to go...
  9. Jag_Man653

No salt softeners

I've been reading that ion-exchange softeners are being outlawed in some jurisdictions, e.g., Santa Clarita, CA, due to the salt impact on water re-use. I'm aware of ion-exchange softeners being used with potasium , but I believe it has the same problems as sodium chloride. So called "salt-free...
  10. Jag_Man653

Fair price for a slab leak repair

Having a leak in the main supply line under the slab, I took the first plumber I called on Sunday who returned my call and promised to come Monday at 8AM. I did not negotiate the cost upfront. Guess I felt that I had no other option since it was a pretty bad leak. I was shocked when he...
  11. Jag_Man653

RO system pre-fill & sanitizing

The instructions for installation of my new Watts residential RO system give instructions for pre-filling and sanitizating the storage tank. It says to connect the tank to the "feed water line." If I understand correctly, this will put mains pressure on the tank, whereas in the normal hookup the...
  12. Jag_Man653

Drain saddle for 1-1/4" metal tailpiece

The kit for my RO system has a saddle tap for the standard PVC drain. It is too big for my 1 1/4" OD metal Kohler tailpiece for the washbasin. Where can I find a drain saddle of the right size? Google turns up dozens of hits for RO system sellers, all of which sell the same drain saddle.
  13. Jag_Man653

Air gap RO faucet

I need an air gap faucet for the bathroom. All I've been able to find are the tall, wide reach ones for kitchens, which I feel would look out of place in the bathroom. I guess the other option is to cut another hole in the counter top and use a conventional dishwasher air gap, but that too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks