Search results

1. vinman

Squirrels and Chipmunks

We're out in the middle of a forest , so a BB gun , .22 and 12 gauge are the norm because they are nothing but a nuisance We have live traps for the odd racoon or skunk that shows up every few years Easy enough to bait squirels and chipmunks to a live trap and then relocate them by driving...
  2. vinman

Anyone have experience with EcoSmart products?

Excuse me for asking , just curios and I don't mean to sound stupid or flame . $400 Hydro bill in Florida ..... is that for one month ? Tanx Vin.
  3. vinman

Tankless Water Heaters - Practical for Seasonal Cottage where water is drained?

mcconnellplumbing , educating people on a product they have never used is the best thing to do . kudos to you for doing so , it sure saves a lot of headaches in the future when you hand them a piece of paper in advance that has all the pro and cons. Seems eventough most people have internet ...
  4. vinman

Most Reliable Sump Pump - Submersible vs Pedestal

I never mentioned "floor drain" . Behind the furnace up against a wall there's a 1-1/2 Abs pipe sticking out of the floor 3 feet up in the air uncapped. Into this pipe , purposely put there when they built the house in 1995, they ran a rigid 3/4 inch pipe that collects the water from the air...
  5. vinman

I was lucky enough to be able to tie my sump pit to a drain , most people don't have a drain nearby. Must be tough to sleep at night with all the snow melting at this time of the year. The "sump pump buddy" or a backup pump that runs on a 12 volt battery (if you have the room to install) might...
  6. vinman

I believe the best most reliable sump pump is to have no pump at all. When my parents moved to southwestern Ontario in a house with a sump pump system , I was baffled by the stupidity of the whole system which I've never dealt with before in other houses we lived were sump pumps were not common...
  7. vinman

Tankless water heaters should not be sold in cold climates

And I suppose the millions of people that live in northern europe where tankless water heaters are the only water heaters that exist , are dealing with endless issues ..... I guess in europe they have many more brands and models to choose from , and since they've been using them since the 60's...
  8. vinman

in shower tankless water heater

Tankless water heaters Hello to eveyone , I'm new and absolutely clueless to all that has beeen said so far on this forum about tankless water heaters . but like "bbsux" I would like to share my real life ....hands on experience. I live in the Muskoka region in Ontario, Canada and I use a Bosch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks