Search results

1. BeanAnimal

DWV help me make it right! (CAD renderings included)

I would have thought the straight drop for the waste line and a wonky vent would have been prefered to a straight vent and a wonky waste line :) Have I mentioned the trapless unvented add-on bathroom yet? That is the next project :)
  2. BeanAnimal

Yes it is at least 42" I will certainly keep that in mind and will see how much room I have to work with. Before anybody asks... The horizontal waste pipe can not be burried under the slab becuase the foundation is very irregular and comes out 1' or so from the wall in places. Nothing...
  3. BeanAnimal

I would love to do that, but I can't bring the drain back out of the wall any further to the left. The only path to the basement is through the cabinet floor and the cabinet to the left is a drawered unit. To the right of the sink cabinet is the dishwasher. So the only way down is where it is at...
  4. BeanAnimal

Okay... I hope this iterative process is getting somewhere. I have attempted to follow rules I read in another thread here. I have no choice but to go horizontal with the vent, but I can't move the drain, it MUST stay in the cabinet floor, as does the vent extension into the basement. I...
  5. BeanAnimal

Because there is a joist in the way and not enough clearance behind that joist (the foundation wall is in the way) to fit the plumbing. I took the most direct route I could. I can drop the lateral vent down the wall to facilitate a flat connection from the two drain vents. I guess it would save...
  6. BeanAnimal

Are there any others? :) I thought I recognized your name...
  7. BeanAnimal

RO system pre-fill & sanitizing

The membrane ships wet with a presrvative in it. The filters, dry. The tank has a rubber bladdar in it that may have manufacturing oils (release agents, etc) on it, as may the housings. Standard practice is to set the unit up and run the output into the drain for 10 or so minutes to clear...
  8. BeanAnimal

Autocad costs about $4,000 I have access to it by favor of a client. It takes quite a bit of time to learn how to work with it... there are easier programs, but this is what I have access to and was trained to use (years ago). It looks like all of my help has disapeared....
  9. BeanAnimal

Wash it and drain it well and you should be fine. If you are still concerned, let it dry for a few minites (chlorine evaporates).
  10. BeanAnimal

I think I have fixed the venting issues in the basement and worked around the beams and support columns. The "useless" vent was removed and the lower sinks vented in a more conventional manner without the use of a "flat" section below the flood rim of the sinks. The 4x4x3 Santee that connects...
  11. BeanAnimal

So the transition from the HORIZONTAL 3" to the VERTICAL 4" need to be a Wye and not a Sanitary Tee? I thought with drains: H to V always took a Santee -and- V to H always took a Wye So this is one of "those" situations where the 3" has a secondary vent so the COMBO is approved?
  12. BeanAnimal

FLAT VENTS: The horizontal areas of the vent in the KITCHEN are only at 30" The kitchen sink is directly below a window and there is NO other place to route the plumbing. Obviously the flood rim of a kitchen sink is at around 36". 1) Does that mean I need to build a loop vent into the...
  13. BeanAnimal

The pressure drop across the filters is only measurable during operation. During idle periods, the pressure in all portions of the system, including that in the product side of the storage tank is the SAME as your static line pressure (in your case 50-60 P.S.I.) As Lakee indicated, it is very...
  14. BeanAnimal

Is this better? Now all three basement fixtures are directly vented. Do you see any other problems with the proposed DWV system? Does rolling the horizontal wye 22.5 and and using a 1/16 bend make it legal in all jurisdictions?
  15. BeanAnimal

Does each need to be explicity tied to one of the RED vent lines, regardless of its distance? Both traps are less than 5' from the vents on the 3" horizontal. Would rolling them 22.5 (if I have the clearance) fix the issue regardless of the jurisdiction? Do see any other issues...
  16. BeanAnimal

Without the framing: Same basic wide view, no framing. Same view as above withouth the framing.
  17. BeanAnimal

I am in need of some advice from the regular pros. This will be a bit long, but I want to make sure the details are clear. Background: We are in the process of remodeling a family member's 100+ year old home. The previous owners "DIY" remodeling projects are a disaster... Extension cords...
  18. BeanAnimal

Washer in basement-drain

I don't see it... (honestly, not being flip) Both photos appear about the same to me, though the pipe at the bottom of the trap in the first photo appears to be going uphill!
  19. BeanAnimal

Washer in basement-drain

Does simply increasing the horizontal distance between the trap and the vent solve the problem as in the lower photo?
  20. BeanAnimal

P trap vs S Trap

Makes sense. When I remodeled the bathroom, I found a drum trap under the pink cast iron tub.... Needless to say, neither it or the pink tub are still in place :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks