Search results

1. he8833

Metal Remodel box?

Pancake box Can a pancake box be attached directly to a ceiling TG (wood)when hanging a pendent light and have it be OK from a code perspective. The ground wire screw would be screwed through the pancake box.
  2. he8833

Metal Remodel box?

I need help from the pro's. I have a porch off the back of my house. The ceiling consists of TG 3/4 pine boards. Their are NO joints in this section of the ceiling namely because the run is so small. In essence I have a floating ceiling with no studs or joists to attach a normal circle box...
  3. he8833

Explain something to me

Ballvale Yes he wants to keep it as simple as possible no pressure tank. Are you saying he is safe if the installer uses a pump delay circuit? or If he doesnt use pump circuit delay that a 7$ pressure relief valve is all the insurance he would need. Again I want to make sure...
  4. he8833

Explain something to me

Wally Can you explain....Is this something the irrigation guy adds...or I need to have added at the shop that services the pump... I need more information/details so I can make sure the irrigation guy sets this up so their is no chance of the pump turning on without the @ least one of the...
  5. he8833

Explain something to me

The pump is over 20 years old....My pop has had it serviced in the past...Would the high temperature cut out switch or pressure valve be something he could have added on @ the shop that services this pump? Or is this even neccessary if the pump can be actuated with the valve? And what...
  6. he8833

Explain something to me

My pop just received a bid to run a very simple irrigation system with ONLY 2 zones 1 for the grass and 1 for a small bed of flowers. It would be supplied by a small Goulds .75hp pump which draws from the lake....He is used it for years, but now wants the sprinklers lines buried etc vs having...
  7. he8833

Timer suggestion Lake pump

Are you sure the switch is electro mechnical? and not powered by the battery. Was it reliabe? There was also a recall on ST01C last June.....Is there a better switch out there for my scenario?
  8. he8833

Timer suggestion Lake pump

Could anyone recommend a timer that would turn on/off a 3/4 HP lake pump.....volt rating 115/230 on a 20amp breaker Ideally I want to be able turn it on ONLY a few days a week not EVRY DAY for around 60 minutes I spoke with Intermatic today and they recommended Intermatic Self-Adjusting...
  9. he8833

Start Pump Relay

You think! Yes for sure I'am I'm on the same page for doing the timer, only difference is why not go with the one Valveman recommends as it has the optionality to support zoning down the road . Seems like it would wiser to go with a product that has this capability now vs having to have buy...
  10. he8833

Start Pump Relay

Sounds like adding the battery operated programmable bib valve would be more cumbersome than simply adding the controller for my single zone application..I cant see any reason until he decides to create multiple zones to add the pressure tan/switch/cycle stop valve @ this time, do you? Now 3...
  11. he8833

Start Pump Relay

Now its all coming together! The timer I listed and the one you listed will do both open turn on the pump and control the solenoid's if he decided to "zone" the system down the road. However because he will be operating just a single zone e.g. sprinkler @ this time the pump tank is not...
  12. he8833

Start Pump Relay

Guys thx for the options. I ended up calling Intermatic before you posted the timer links and they steared me towards timer ET1705CR http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/fi...05c%20eng.ashx by no means am I set on using there suggestion just yet. Now it has alot of flexibility programmable...
  13. he8833

Start Pump Relay

Why is a irrigation controller neccessary if I simply want to turn the pump off and on....I thought irrigation controller was necessary to turn off and on multiple zones. Do they not make a start pump relay with a timer built in? Sorry I need this really "dumbed down" so I'm on the same...
  14. he8833

Start Pump Relay

To clarify do they make a pump start relay with a built in timer.....If so can you recommend a brand and model Ideally I would want the pump to turn on once a day for apprx 30-60 minutes a few times a week @ a specfic time in the day. Based on your comments it sounds like the pump start...
  15. he8833

Start Pump Relay

Gary Here's a bit more info its a 3/4HP Goulds model C6470164. No I dont belive there is a pressure tank as I'm the one that lugs the thing down to the lake each year and actually my pop just confirmed no pressure switch...We plug it in, it runs and waters the lawn pretty basic. My guess is...
  16. he8833

Start Pump Relay

I posted this over on the irrigation forum with no luck anyone want to take a stab? Ok guys I need some help newbie to all of this here is the setup trying to help my pop out 3/4 horse lake pump plugged into outlet 10 feet from shoreline 115 line run from outside outlet to a 30 amp...
  17. he8833

How best to dehumidify basement?

I'm with you up until the paint . Most paints do not have a low enough perm rating for this to be a concern, unless you buy one that specfically is designated as such e.g, vapor retarding paint. I do like you point of foaming any seams after installing the XPS....This is often over looked...
  18. he8833

Pump Start Relay (I think)

Ok guys I need some help newbie to all of this here is the setup trying to help my pop out 3/4 horse lake pump plugged into outlet 10 feet from shoreline 115 line run from outside outlet to a 30 amp circuit which is on the main electrical panel for house Coming directly off the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks