Search results

1. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton Toilet

Hi everyone. Back in October '09, I posted asking for advice on Toto toilets. We ended up getting the Dalton (with round rather than elongated bowl). Just wanted to post back to say that we are very happy with it. So far (knock on wood), no problems whatsoever. It's fast, quick, pretty...
  2. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton toilet review, the best toilet for under $200?

As you might remember, Terry, we were thinking of the Soiree, too. Maybe, in the future, we will move the Dalton to our upstairs half-bath and get a Soiree for this bathroom. For now, though, we really like the look. Thanks for your patience in answering questions. :)
  3. organic_smallhome

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the Buy American Act

That's good information. Thanks, Terry.
  4. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton toilet review, the best toilet for under $200?

Dalton Toilet Hi Everyone. We finally decided on the Dalton, and are very happy with it. We've had it a few weeks now, and no problems whatsoever. We also really like the height. I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer all of my nitpicky questions. You were a great help...
  5. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton vs Jacuzzi Perfecta

We just had the Dalton installed yesterday--round bowl, ADA height. We would have preferred the Promenade, but--like you--we couldn't afford it at the moment. We've had the Dalton only one day, but it seems like a solid little toilet. Really comfortable, too. Our plumber thinks it's solid...
  6. organic_smallhome

For Plumbers:

Really? What's "crap" about it? Seriously.
  7. organic_smallhome

Question About Temptrol Trim Change

We currently have a basic Temptrol valve and trim fittings in our bathroom. I would like to upgrade it to the Temptrol Deluxe--but just change the trim and keep the old valve. Will this work? Can you replace any Temptrol trim with any other Temptrol trim? Thanks.:)
  8. organic_smallhome

New toilet guidance

I'm guessing the new showroom would be at the Boston Design Center: http://www2.bostondesign.com/ They don't have TOTO listed yet, as far as I can see, but give them a call. You don't really need to go to a TOTO showroom, though. Monique's in Watertown has them at the most reasonable prices...
  9. organic_smallhome

For Plumbers:

Just received my new issue of NaturalHome magazine. There's an interview in this issue with Megan Lehtonen, president of GreenPlumbersUSA. http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/People-and-Places/GreenPlumbers-USA-Megan-Lehtonen.aspx http://www.greenplumbersusa.com Thought somebody here might...
  10. organic_smallhome

Two Questions About Toto Toilets (Urgent!)

Of course, as soon as I post this, I discover (finally) that there is a polished nickel option for the Toto Drake lever. Still need to know about spacing from wall, though. :)
  11. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton?

Just saw this. Thanks for the feedback. :)
  12. organic_smallhome

Two Questions About Toto Toilets (Urgent!)

We have to order the toilet TODAY. If somebody could get back to me quickly, I would SO appreciate it. First question: Does Toto offer finish options in toilet levers? We're deciding between the Dalton and the Drake, and are wondering if the levers are offered in polished nickel as well as...
  13. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton?

Thanks, Terry. :) One more question: Is it possible to switch out the lever for another Toto design?
  14. organic_smallhome

Toto Dalton?

We were going to go with either the Promenade or the Drake II, but toilet+seat+installation would run us over $700. Too expensive for us right now. So we thought we'd get the Dalton, and when we upgrade our upstairs half-bath in the future, we'll move the Dalton up there and then purchase a...
  15. organic_smallhome

The Toilet Review Guru Lives in Seattle!

Excellent! You know what HGTV is missing? A plumbing show. :)
  16. organic_smallhome

How do you clean Toto toilets?

Personally, I would not use anything with bleach in it to clean my toilets. It's very bad for the environment.
  17. organic_smallhome

Toto Gwyneth/Drake II/UltraMax???

Got it. Clears that up for me, thank you. For some reason, I thought that some Totos had a 3" trapway.
  18. organic_smallhome

Thanks. My concern about 1.28 v. 1.6 is because I think I read somewhere on the forum--I think it was HJ who stated it (but not sure)--that the 1.28 doesn't always work as well in old houses.
  19. organic_smallhome

Okay, I found the update spec sheet. Apparently, it is the same as Terry's. https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454_spec.pdf One more thing: I notice that the trapway on this toilet is only 2-1/8", rather than the preferred 3". Could somebody please tell me the difference, in terms of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks