Search results

1. dunkinidaho

Water level in brine tank vs float tube

the water level in the float tube is 4 inches higher than the level in the brine tank. Is that OK? the float itself should be 6 inches above the water in the float tube. Is that correct? If the float is high will a brine draw happen or will the high float prevent a brine draw? thanks
  2. dunkinidaho

Water level--brine tank vs brine well, where the float is

The water level in the brine well, where the float is, is 3-4 inches above the level in the tank. Why is that? thanks
  3. dunkinidaho

Fleck 5600SE 4 stage water level issues

I had a new resin bed placed last summer. 4 cycle times set up are 12min rinse-- 60 min brine rinse---8 min rapid rinse---13min refill. 2 people 2bath 42000grain resin tank and brine tank is 16x16x36 Problem: I've noticed while observing the water level in the brine tank that it only drops...
  4. dunkinidaho

Reverse osmosis longevity question

I've heard that it isn't wise to leave an RO system dormant for any length of time. We spend 6 months away from home each winter which is why in the past I've drained it wasting several gallons of good water, then replacing all the filters in the spring. Is it really necessary to do this or can...
  5. dunkinidaho

Permeate pump

Not sure this is the place for this question. Do Permeate pumps work for RO system pressure boosting? Just hooked up a new ice maker and it isn't working too well Thanks
  6. dunkinidaho

Reverse Osmosis acting up

Have a 7 yr old RO system. Over the years you get used to how the flow and regen' works. Lately it seems to be flowing stronger and regenerating quicker. Can the valve in these stick or otherwise malfunction? All the 4 filters are but 3 moths old. Thanks
  7. dunkinidaho

Winterizing my softener

We live in florida in the winter and are wondering if there is anything we should do to our softener for this time. Usually we just turn off the water at the well and leave. When we get home in the spring I run it through two cycles. thanks
  8. dunkinidaho

Water Softener Issues

Today I have a question regarding my water softener. I'm not sure I have it set correctly. It is a 40,000 gr. single stage design with 4 stages of cycling. The issue I have surrounds the time I have each stage set for. I have tried for a few years to find information on this on the net without...
  9. dunkinidaho

Help with an old problem, bowl water drops after refill

I'm sure this has been covered before, maybe recently. After the tank and bowl refills the water level will drop about 1/2-3/4 inch. Vent problem? siphon problem? or could it just be this cheap Chinese toilet I have. thanks
  10. dunkinidaho

Wife wants the toilet moved

:Wife wants the toilet moved "over there" so I'm doing it. Now installing the new 3in drain pipe through the floor. Do I cut this off flush with the floor? then glue on the flange? Unfortunately I've already glued the 3in into the old drain from under the house and ran it up a few inches higher...
  11. dunkinidaho

Kohler K 304 rough in help

I'm installing two of these valves in my bath re-do. One in a stand alone 4 piece shower stall and one in a stand alone tub. Question pertains to the shower: Does this valve have to be mounted to wood blocking within the wall? or can it just be mounted to the acrylic shower wall. It seems too...
  12. dunkinidaho

cycle times for my fleck 5600se

I've searched the site for an answer but couldn't find one so I'm posting it. I have a Fleck 5600SE V2 single backwash softener with a single tank. I've never felt that I have the "right" times set for each of the 4 cycles. I realize there is probably no right time as each situation is...
  13. dunkinidaho

one more well question

I just reduced the operating pressure of my well from 40/60 to 30/50 which seems to be the recommended setting for my 1/2hp 10GPH red jacket pump. The bladder tank is a 32gal Champion. In the process of making this change I drained down the tank, after switching off the well, and set the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks