Search results

1. Dom Z

Do I need Plumbers putty

Thank you, it work out great. Used Plumbers putty. The rubber gasket made the drain set to high.
  2. Dom Z

Do I need Plumbers putty

I'm installing a Moan drain( without overflow) in a ToTo vessel sink. The drain can with a small rubber gasket that is installed as a seal between the sink and the drain itself. In the passed I've use plumbers putty for the seal. Do I still need to install plumber putty between the sink, the...
  3. Dom Z

Do I need a flange extender

How much does it have to squish? It looks like it'll go about 1/2 inch. Or should I maybe use a fatter wax ring to be safe? Can I stack 2 wax ring together?
  4. Dom Z

Do I need a flange extender

I just completed tiling my bathroom floor. However, now the top of toilet flange is level with the top of the tile. Do I need to install a flange extender or will a single plan wax ring work? The toilet I'm installing is a neorest 500 it came with an odd adapter that installs onto the...
  5. Dom Z

Copper or PEX

I'm not asking about the quality. I'm asking about it's ability to carry the same amount of water. Will 3/4" PEX carry the same amount of water to my shower as 3/4" copper will?
  6. Dom Z

Copper or PEX

I just received a price to upgrade the hot and cold supplies for my new shower. We want to upgrade from 1/2" to 3/4". The plumber says I can save about $600 by using PEX instead of copper. He tells me there is no difference between using copper or using PEX. Will 3/4" PEX give me the...
  7. Dom Z

Help with a shower supply lines install

Now I can sleep better. :) Thanks everyone for all your great info. and advise. I've decided this job is beyond my skill level, so I contracted a Pro Plumber to upgrade the supply lines from 1/2" to 3/4" and do all the rough in work for our new spa shower.
  8. Dom Z

Very confused about shower connections

In a previous thread I questioned the size of the supply lines required for a shower renovation I'm planning. I was told to use 3/4" vs 1/2" for all connectins. Looking at the different parts the manufacture supplied with the system. I've noticed the connections on the values are 3/4"...
  9. Dom Z

What is the difference between type L and type M copper pipe

I'm planning on replacing 1/2" supply lines with 3/4" supply lines for a shower remodel. I was wondering what's the difference between type L and type M copper pipe and what type is recommended for hot and cold water supplies? Would there be any benefit in using PAX vs Copper? I don't...
  10. Dom Z

What water heater for a limited space

Would a tankless work in this application?
  11. Dom Z

Actually there isn't a tub just a 60X34 shower. So I don't have to be concerned about tub filling. The shower head is rated for only 2.5 GPM. It's the 4 body sprays that are gushers and they shouldn't be used much.
  12. Dom Z

I think the biggest demand will be from the 4 body sprays they're rated at 1.5 GPM. That's a total of 6 GPM at any one time.
  13. Dom Z

I'm remodeling my bathroom and putting in a new shower spa system. It's a Moen 275 system. I've been told to run at least 3/4" supply lines for the shower systems. I've turned the water on with my current setup and seem to get plenty of water and pressure. I'm not a plumber just a DIY...
  14. Dom Z

If it won't, how can I solve this problem?
  15. Dom Z

Here are the ratings of the fixtures. The handheld is rated at 2.5 GPM The rain shower head at 2.5 GPM The body sprays at 1.75 GPM each. If all are running it's a total demand of 12 GPM. I don't really think we will ever run all at the same time. So I think the potential max demand at any one...
  16. Dom Z

Colors of Toto toilets

Thanks , That answers my question. Now, I can tell my wife what to order. She wanted white, so we'll go with Cotton White.
  17. Dom Z

Colors of Toto toilets

This may be a little off subject and it isn't a plumbing question but I'll ask anyway. Toto has two shades of white for their fixtures: Cotton white and Colonial white. What the difference between them? Cotton White
  18. Dom Z

Vessel sink and faucet question

Because my wife told me to. She seems to not trust my judgment on this and wanted a pro's view.
  19. Dom Z

So, it's ok to go from 1/2" up to 3/4" without a problem?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks