Search results

1. H

which one is better

Interesting. Saw the same thing in Puerto Rico.
  2. H

Do you think a 3-1/2" vent stack is moronic? I do.

oh Oh, you meant as a permanent replacement. I just figured all new flashings with the new roof so I was just trying to stop the leak for now. I saw the Oatey rings online but thought they were meant to slip over and act as a rain collar, not as a permanent repair. Thanks for the tip.
  3. H

rain collar Thanks, our home stores don't carry them and I can't make it to the plumbers' supply during the day, so at first I made them myself. But, I was a moron and made them with 4" boots when I needed 3" so I whipped them in the trash furiously. When I bought the 3" boots I was lazy...
  4. H

Thank you all Thank you all for your input and commentary. This is how it is going to look until the fall. Questionable aesthetics,... yes. Patience to care,... depleted. House feels like it's falling apart faster than I can put it back together these days :D
  5. H

Amazing SewerRatz, you are the reason I posted this. Sometimes you just need slapped by a stranger. It IS a 3" pipe. I still think a 3-1/2" vent stack would be moronic. Thinking 3-1/2" OD = 3-1/2" Sch 40 is more moronic. Thank you sir. Maybe the sewer gas made me delusional.
  6. H

My vent stack roof boot is leaking. I'm guessing it has something to do with a 3" boot over a 3-1/2" vent stack. Is my roofer a moron or the plumber? I'm guessing the latter since boots come in 3" and in 4" and nothing in 3-1/2" that 10 mins of Google can find... I wonder what you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks