Search results

1. Nettlewarbler

Old Pot Drainage Gulley

I forgot to say that the back of the old gulley is again'st the foundations of the house , and the left side where the OUTLET hole is . Is under some very big steps which I can't move ,It is very tight against the side of the steps , and so can't see what's there . I was hoping someone might...
  2. Nettlewarbler

Old Pot Drainage Gulley

Mornin all , I'v been laying some 4 inch plastic drainage pipes in the garden and back yard . I'v laid all the pipework , which is for rain water drainage only . I now need to connect the pipework to an old Clay gulley thats under the kitchen window , it has a stone hopper head above the gulley...
  3. Nettlewarbler

Problem removing bath

Thanks Ian , I really did'nt know how to go about it . will try it tomorrow . I hope it's that easy , then all i have to get is a 22mm stop end .
  4. Nettlewarbler

Problem removing bath

Hi there , i'm planning on replacing the bathtub with a new shower enclosure . I received the fittings today , mostly compression . i removed the bath panel and swiched off the cold water supply , I found i could remove a current elbow connection and fit a 15mm stop end to the nut that was left...
  5. Nettlewarbler

S-Connections

mornin all , i bought a shower with a mixer valve . the fittings include 2 S-Connections . which look like two long offset threads . the 1/2 inch thread gets covered in PTFE Tape and is screwed into the pipework . the larger one is for fitting the valve .with my main pipework coming up the wall...
  6. Nettlewarbler

shower pipes

I was going to put a Non Return Valve ( Check Valve ) at the other end of the shower enclosure , so if i need to get at it for any reason it should be easy to get at , just lift a few floorboards . Is it better to put a Valve on each pipe Hot and Cold . thank you .
  7. Nettlewarbler

Old pipes

The olive goes on the end of the new pipe . Re-using the old nut thats there already , The old pipe is replaced with a new piece of pipe and a new olive obviously .
  8. Nettlewarbler

Old pipes

Thanks jadnashua .
  9. Nettlewarbler

Old pipes

Just for instance , can you take a piece of old copper pipe from a straight compression fitting . put a new olive on another new piece of copper pipe and replace the old original pipe , but still use the old nut on the end of the original fitting . Do you understand that better .
  10. Nettlewarbler

Old pipes

Hello all , i pulled the washer out yesterday , as water was showing on the plyboard base underneath . I don't know when the pipework was fitted , but it must be at least 10 years old . I has a washer connection for both hot and cold pipes . only the blue connection ( for the cold pipe is being...
  11. Nettlewarbler

shower pipes

I might just get a fancy shower and install that instead of trying to hide the pipes . thanks anyway .
  12. Nettlewarbler

shower pipes

I was thinking of making the shower concealed , but the wall i was going to put the pipework , shower valve etc in . is only about 75mm thick . it's a single breeze block , so it should'nt take no time to gouge out for the pipework . What's worrying me is the Mixer Valve may be too thick for the...
  13. Nettlewarbler

shower pipes

I have read somewhere that you need a Non Return Valve , if the shower is to be connected to the mains water pipe . Do i need one ? . Also do i need any waterproof material under the tiles , if yes what ?
  14. Nettlewarbler

shower pipes

hello all , my first questions for you . I want to remove the old bath , then put a small mixer shower in it's place . The bath tub pipework is connected to the combi boiler , would it be ok to use the same pipe fittings for the shower . And is it ok to use compression fittings to do the job...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks