Search results

1. Nukedaddy

Delta R10000 Shower Valve With PEX - best practices

Does the R1000 have a larger “down” than 1/2” fip or sweat? Is the “up” 1/2” fip or sweat? If the up and down are the same but the “delta r1000 has a larger pathway for the tub” then there is a diverter restrictor device in the valve body. It does not have to be in the cartridge. But it is there.
  2. Nukedaddy

Hmmm… I think we have a terminology issue. Yes, they do call tub spouts with a lift button or some other actuator thingy a diverter spout, but for many years now manufacturers have put a diverter device, maybe call it a diverter restrictor, in the body of valves that are intended for tub and...
  3. Nukedaddy

I read the reasons for not using PEX to the tub spout or shower head. The mechanical strength issues make sense, you don’t want the spout or shower flopping about. The 3-hole drop ear ells are good. I do wish they made them even wider spread apart for a greater resistance to the moment arm of...
  4. Nukedaddy

Romex into plastic boxes

What brand? I have tried that. The clamp thingy is too stiff. To even get the wire in I had to cut away a molding sprue and then forcefully pry the clamp just to get the cable into the box. After prying to get it open enough to pass the wire, the plastic was permanently deformed and stayed bent...
  5. Nukedaddy

Romex into plastic boxes

There are several makers of switch and junction boxes using PVC or other resins acceptable to code. The code requires the romex to be restrained by a staple or ? Within a few inches of the box. OK so far? Some brands are obvious how to get the romex into the box as they have a simple rectangular...
  6. Nukedaddy

Water service. OK, now I need some advice......

I got away from plumbing with the tools about the same time that PEX started becoming popular. I have a couple of questions that when answered will help me make some decisions. I intend to use PEX white tubing as the supply coming in from the meter, but I want a branch underground to go to a...
  7. Nukedaddy

Misleading the innocents about lead n' oakum

I taught the apprentices at my home local for nearly 20 years, and I learned to caulk as a third generation plumber. BUT, I know that many people look at the pictures and teach themselves to do new stuff all the time, so I am going to ask, without saying what I was taught. I have searched many...
  8. Nukedaddy

Gas pipe has no gas coming out

Eventually you will learn to love the taste of fiberglass.......
  9. Nukedaddy

OK, so I am a bit out of my comfort zone here

Great! The guy in the video seems to agree with me even if he did not mention round metal mains. I think I will get an engineered system design from a third party and specify round steel duct mains with outside insulation. No kinks hanging that. I would use flex only for the last 10' or less...
  10. Nukedaddy

OK, so I am a bit out of my comfort zone here

I was a steam and hot water guy for more years than I care to remember. But I bought this house in South Mississippi and the furnace AC system is creeping past 20 years old. Big brick house, 12/12 pitch simple truss, plenty of room in attic. The existing ductwork looks like a knuckle-dragging...
  11. Nukedaddy

Gas pipe has no gas coming out

My home is one story on slab. The gas comes off of meter the vertical in wall to attic, then horizontal to far end of house all in black iron, with tee branches to each furnace (2) and fireplace (1) waterheater (1) and range (1).each branch has a ball valve 6 inches from the tee. Then corrugated...
  12. Nukedaddy

Thermostatic shower valve. Newest and Bestest?

I haven't posted in a while, but want to take advantage of your collected years or experience and familiarity with new products. What is the best and fastest ractin thermostatic shower valve ? I have a tankless, and want more positive and safe control.
  13. Nukedaddy

Radio sewer locator

I was in the business for many years, a third-generation plumber, but have been a nuclear turd-herder for 15 years now. Back in the day, I prided myself and my family's adoption of technology early. We had a radiosonde sewer locator that was a handheld device with speaker and analog meter...
  14. Nukedaddy

New old tools

Sch 80 dwv The fittings and the pipe are sched 80, and the fittings are sanitary pattern. No ID bumps or ridges. They are designed for this purpose, I just never saw them in the states in 30+ years as a plumber and engineer.
  15. Nukedaddy

New old tools

I used to write on some of these forums, and I remember Terry's name from those days. I work in Nuclear Power now and I need a couple of things I used to be able to get but can't seem to find anymore. First, I would like to find a full set of caulking irons, including pony and ceiling irons...
  16. Nukedaddy

Farm sink drain with overflow

Sounds like..... There were several sinks of this sort imported from SE Asia and/or China over the last 20 years. I have seen similar ones at discount /surplus type supply houses in NY, PA and others. Check Renovater's Supply online for lookalikes.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks