Search results

1. am350z

Need advice! New softener needed. Possible ripoff?

Thanks guys. I thought the "improved filtration" sounded fishy. How much maintenance are we talking about on these units? I have read they the flecks are very reliable. I guess I am asking because if I went with the original quote, there is included maintenance. But the added cost would...
  2. am350z

Need advice! New softener needed. Possible ripoff?

Hello all. We have a 5 year Northstar softener that is junk. I have read that northstar is basically rebranded ecowater. Well in the last 2 years we have had it serviced 3 times and it never stays working for more that a few months. So its time for it to go. I have been browsing the forum...
  3. am350z

Shower plumbing remodel help

The plumbing to the shower valve is PEX. I have looked into it and working with PEX seems very easy! Only cooper will be from valve to shower head. 1000 dollars to move Pex is crazy. As you said Ted, if the tradesman is overcharging you do it yourself which is what I intend to do given the...
  4. am350z

Dude, maybe you dont get it. I have never heard of a body shop charging for estimates period, factory brand or not. You want to eliminate bid shopping? What happens to capitalism? The only thing charging for an estimate did was put those shops not even in contention for the job. Example, I...
  5. am350z

Thank you for the suggestions. I was hoping in a diy forum to get encouragement and advice, not a lecture on estimates!
  6. am350z

Free estimates are absolutely NOT a thing of the past. I received free estimates for the shower, custom glass enclosure, electrical, landscaping, decking, custom home theater and custom trimwork. Multiple for each job and chose the person I trusted most not just the lowest price. I don't know...
  7. am350z

I will take my chances. Better than paying the @#'s in my area. Never met such a rude bunch. Got dozens of estimates from all walks of life, everyone was great except the plumbers. Most of the plumbers were arses:mad: Sorry, just my experience.
  8. am350z

Agreed that tiling is usally asthetics but tiling a shower can have the same ramifications of plumbing. Pour a bad mud base and you will have water problems! If it really is that difficult I have no problem hiring it out. It just doesnt sound that difficult and the charge sounded crazy but...
  9. am350z

Interesting. Over on the tile forums all the pros encouraged me to tile my own shower and offer plenty of advice and assistance. Here the pros try to dissuade you from doing your own work! Maybe the books make it sound easier then it is but I think I will try. To be honest I have been...
  10. am350z

No, its just moving piping after drywall is gone. The shower build will be done by someone else so there is no demo and no wall repairs. Ian, I guess I meant I have done this type of plumbing. I know how to use teflon tape:D I have replaced toilets and faucets, etc just not piping. Cant...
  11. am350z

I need to move the water supply, valve and head from one wall in a shower to the wall next to it. My house is 6 years old so I assume it is pex or copper. I have been getting quotes of 600-1000 dollars for the job. That seems ridiculous to me! Everything is exposed and there is full access...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks